Skip to content

Pre-Order Numbers

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    A minimum of 1013 people, since I bought the game and have no badge. I sure hope they can meet the goal they had set for pre-orders. I really want BG:EE to succeed.
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    A minimum of 1013 people, since I bought the game and have no badge. I sure hope they can meet the goal they had set for pre-orders. I really want BG:EE to succeed.
    Another pre-order here as well, still don't have a badge either.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    1014 and counting...
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    Bam! Preordered, no badge as of yet. How do the forums link up w/ Beamdog to award the badge exactly, is it just by w/e email address you use for both accounts?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @smaug i didn't get my badge and i asked a mod about it, and yep, through email addy. he said i'd have to get with beamdog or start logging in here with the account i used to preorder. not worried about it honestly.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    The more, the merrier.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    1119 & counting!
  • evil_apeevil_ape Member Posts: 32
    I also preordered (30th July), and tried to use the same login that I preorded with, didn't work though, had to create a new login for these forums. And no badge as of yet.

@Bjjorick : Who did you contact to get your badge? Just a randomly chosen moderator or sales@beamdog?
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    i contacted a mod i've seen around that seems honorable, and he told me would need to get in touch with beamdog, but as i said, i don't care quite that much. His name is @Tanthalas. Was very nice and quite honest, he told me th only beamdog can rectify it to the best of his knowledge. I've spent a bit too long on the board to sign in under my other name. If you contact beamdog and they take care of it for you @evil_ape, please let me know how much of a hassle it was.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2012
    mch202 said:

I'm sad I can only "like" this once. XD
    Dragonspearnoodles_tooBjjorick
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I hope it does extremely well, both to encourage work on PS:T and IWD series, and to possibly lead to growth of the titles. I didn't like IWD as much (far too linear for me, and I wasn't as 'into' my characters), but I didn't dislike it at all. As for PS:T, I'd love to really play that through - never made it far in the past.
    skyline818
  • Arabus13Arabus13 Member Posts: 102
    I'd like to pre-order, but for some reason the Beamdog site refuses to take my money!
  • Tr_ondTr_ond Member Posts: 496
    @Arabus13 : Which pocket have you had them in? Not "nature`s pocket" i hope?
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    All the people I know who are pre-ordering are planning on multiple copies, and in my case multiple copies on multiple platforms :) Makes a fantastic birthday gift to my kids and Brother and his family.
  • MuninMunin Member Posts: 95
    I won't claim to know anything about the gaming business, but I do know a little bit about business in general. For the sake of BG2EE and a possible BG3 I hope the number of pre-orders grows faster every day and is many times the number of badges awarded on this site.

Simple math. I like round numbers so go with $20 a pop. $20,000 in sales for every 1000 orders. I have no idea what they are spending on this project and I don't need to know. Everyone has to make a living. $20,000 is nothing unless Overhaul is one person working in mom's basement.

P.S. I have never been so excited about a game release. Hoping this is a huge success.
    DragonspearDiscoCat
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    That would be one talented basement dweller though.
    DiscoCatFredjo
  • KraytKnightKraytKnight Member Posts: 31
    There should be 2000+ to pre-order it and more for buying after pre-order.
  • pklooppkloop Member Posts: 113
    Add me to the count...pre-ordered last night. What's the deal with the badge thing?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think the person/thing responsible for giving out the badges has been slacking lately.
  • jpierce55jpierce55 Member Posts: 86
    I would love to know where they stand on pre-orders. Hopefully they let us know around release time.
    According to the counter the number of pre-orders is 1490 or about $26,805.10 worth of orders.
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    I'm waiting to pre order until my paycheck on Wednesday. Then I'm definitely getting BGEE and might end up getting GW2 as well since all my friends are playing it atm.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    I would preorder but Beamdog doesnt want my money since they only accept Visa and PayPal. Im not sure how they want to make money if they dont actively search for customers, not much of a competition for Steam.

According to the counter the number of pre-orders is 1490 or about $26,805.10 worth of orders.

I think that is actually the amount of badges awarded, not the actual pre-order amount. Some people may not have received their badges, and some people certainly are not registered here.

Roller12 said:

I would preorder but Beamdog doesnt want my money since they only accept Visa and PayPal. Im not sure how they want to make money if they dont actively search for customers, not much of a competition for Steam.

How else would you order? Many companies no longer take Discover.

edited August 2012
    Roller12 said:

Totally the wrong way to phrase that..."ooo the company doesnt want my money because they only accept the most practical billing methods" It COSTS money to support alternate billing methods, Credit Card transactions them selves are not free. And every addition method of transcaction costs more $$$ so it makes SENSE to limit the types of transactions you are going to accept to keep the costs reasonable vs the possible revenue.
    MoomintrollDragonspearMoiramlnevese
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2012
    But both companies make money from user transactions, which will only happen if they actually well.. happen. More likely they dont actually bother to be honest. Or need user bank data. Or need to make sure user is over certain age, or any other reason consumers care little about.

@jpierce55
    >How else would you order? Many companies no longer take Discover.
    Here in Europe the process is very simple, go to a smaller shop like a gas station and buy a prepaid card with a number, PaySafeCard usually, enter number - game bought. Done. just like real money, fast and anonymous. Its very handy for Steam, but its not widespread in the USA i think, which is where the main problem is i think. Credit cards are not very popular here, collect too much information.

edit: err the point being they should make advances here, not us, we are the ones with the money remember? This is not a charity convention.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @immagikman - [sarcasm] There you are again, throwing REALITY in our faces. I mean, really? That's no fair. They should take coin of the realm! Yes. Coin of the realm. Silvers, you say? Of course. Electrum, not so much, because I still have no idea what it is. [/sarcasm]

Hope this was as funny as I think it is. Probably not. My kids often remind me that my humor is as flat as three day old near beer...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm a staff member over at DnDOnlineGames.com [/shameless plug], and a lot of our members over there have already pre-ordered the game. I don't know if any of those people have accounts here, with scarce few exceptions, so I expect that number's a bit higher.

Also, when I posted a facebook note about it, some of my friends (who don't frequent these sites at all) replied that they had already pre-ordered as well.
    lordkim
    edited August 2012

@immagikman - [sarcasm] There you are again, throwing REALITY in our faces. I mean, really? That's no fair. They should take coin of the realm! Yes. Coin of the realm. Silvers, you say? Of course. Electrum, not so much, because I still have no idea what it is. [/sarcasm]

Hope this was as funny as I think it is. Probably not. My kids often remind me that my humor is as flat as three day old near beer...

Yeah Im a bit fuzzy on Electrum but what about Platinum pieces.... :) Heck with the price of gold the way it is, its almost on par with platinum.... at yesterdays quoted price for 1 gold piece I could get 8,445 copies of BG:EE :)