Skip to content

Adventuring foods

13»

Comments

• DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    DreadKhan said:

Knob Creek is a very good bourbon. But sherry is very cheap, and some is surprisingly pleasant to drink. Well, over imbibe is more accurate. ;)

I still remember when the first Neverwinter Nights game came out. Went through a bottle of rum and strawberry soda, and an entire pack of cigarettes in an evening. I was pretty hammered that night. Kinda gross now that I look back on it, strawberry soda and cigarettes. It might not sound great, but it was very easy to over imbibe on.

Back when I had limited liquor budget, Elijah Craig was my bourbon of choice. Very good for money.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited November 2014
    I don't have a specific food type, although something non-greasy but very snackable is always great. Soda's a favourite as well, although if I'm trying to be a bit healthier while still satisfying my carbonation craving I make my homemade "cranberry soda" (Cranberry juice and soda water.)

"Recipe" for my personal "Cranberry soda"
    3 parts Simply Cranberry juice
    1 part Schweppes soda water

A cup of hot tea is always spectacular as well. My personal choice is my favourite white rose tea, although peppermint or cinnamon spice are nice on occasion. Nothing like cinnamon spice for when you have a sore throat.

Not food related, but one thing I greatly enjoy while playing any RPG is Pandora's celtic music playlist. Occasionally a song won't fit, but most of the time it's perfect.
    elminster said:

Beer. Specifically Elminster's Choice beer :)

I'm curious. What is elminster's choice beer? Not Elminster's. @elminster‌'s. ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The next time any of us visits Honduras, we should go to

• spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Plate of skewered olives and round crackers with a bit of cheese(cream or hard).

And of course copious amounts of coffee.
  • QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
    @Elrandir‌, you had me at "white rose tea." I'm looking it up, and the only stuff I can find is organic. Will that do the trick, or do I need to find a non-organic equivalent?
    @QueenQuinzel‌ The brand I use is Numi. It's just called white rose tea. Here's a link to their page if you'd like.
    http://shop.numitea.com/White-Rose/p/NUMIS-10280&c=NumiTeaStore@Teabag@White
  • QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
    @Elrandir‌ Marvelous! Thanks so much. Ordering right now.
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    How i pack for an adventure:

Whiskey, check.
    More whiskey, check.
    Even more whiskey, check.

Done...wait dammit. Forgot the reserve whiskey. Nothing for it but to scrap the entire thing and turn around.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Elrandir said:

I don't have a specific food type, although something non-greasy but very snackable is always great. Soda's a favourite as well, although if I'm trying to be a bit healthier while still satisfying my carbonation craving I make my homemade "cranberry soda" (Cranberry juice and soda water.)

"Recipe" for my personal "Cranberry soda"
    3 parts Simply Cranberry juice
    1 part Schweppes soda water

I do this to. We got a soda stream on sale around Black Friday and it's been great. I make it about 50/50 with sweeter juice(orange, apple, ect) but with cranberry I use 100% pure cranberry juice so it's more like 25% cranberry and 75% sparkling water. Sometimes I sweeten it. Is this "simply cranberry" pure or is it a sweetened/mixed cranberry juice?
    @meagloth‌ I believe it has sugar in it, but it may be natural. If it does have sugar then I'm positive it's actual sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. I'd check, but I don't have any in the house at the moment.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Elrandir said:

@meagloth‌ I believe it has sugar in it, but it may be natural. If it does have sugar then I'm positive it's actual sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. I'd check, but I don't have any in the house at the moment.

I looked it up and it looks like it's diluted and sweetened. I can't blame you, pure cranberry is nasty.
    Eh. I disagree. Simply Cranberry is definitely the tastiest version you can find, but I used to drink unsweetened 90-100% cran juice and I loved it. Something about the tartness is spectacular to me.