Skip to content

Adventuring foods

Hello, everyone!

I find that when I plan on playing Baldur's Gate for a hefty length of time, I like to complement the experience with a cup of freshly-brewed tea or a cup of some sort of harsh-tasting apple drink, as would befit a classically "medieval" high fantasy game like this.

What kind of food or drink, if any, do you like to pair with your adventuring (in Baldur's Gate or another game)? And if there's something you add to your session that's not food-related, tell us that, too!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can't go wrong with a nice cup of tea. As long as you don't spill it on the keyboard or (gods forbid) tablet you are playing on.

Typically D&D players enjoy lots of junk food like potato chips, pizza and sugary carbonated drinks galore on their looong gaming sessions. I myself don't have such bad habbits so I don't crave them when playing. Plus greasy fingers from potato chips and playing with your mouse (or even worse) tablet=gross.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I usually like to make a warm cappuccino and then catch up the forum's posts from yesterday. A finely written playthrough comes especially good with a cappuccino :)
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Diet Pepsi goes great with everything.
  • OzzyBotkinsOzzyBotkins Member Posts: 396
    Ice cold fresh squeezed Orange Juice and 2 Jumbo Hot Dogs
  • laszlolaszlo Member Posts: 26
    White coffee, cigarretes and pie OR beer, cigarretes and pie. (yes, i like beer and pie)
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Nah, forget all of that. You need a goblet of Grog and a really big Drumstick. That'll do ya right.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Beef and Ale!
    And I mean proper British ale not some cheap swill
    (German beer is apparently very good too)
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Lots and lots of turnips.
    Anduin said:

Adventuring food...

When clinging to the side of a mountain

I raise you with cooked eggs and cheese sandwich. And chocolate, lots of chocolate ;)
    http://1drv.ms/1qsbd7s
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Coffee with Irish cream.

I have a Tassimo machine by my computer with a bottle of Bailey's close by for thos very reasons.

Not food related, nut I usually play when their is a hockey game on. I turn off thw sound of BG and listen to the match on the radio.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I wanted to send a picture of me actually clinging to a mountain... But my glory days were pre-digital (and before the Nokia 7650 was invented... bonus points if you get the ref..)

I do love food and playing BG... Buttered crumpets, followed by a mug of tea with Chocolate Hob Nobs for dunking... Oooh!

Well bonus points for me then ;) Speaking of food - it is amazing idea drinking coffe while eating nuts while reading LOTR. You guys should try it sometime.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    laszlo said:

Anduin said:

Adventuring food...

When clinging to the side of a mountain

I raise you with cooked eggs and cheese sandwich. And chocolate, lots of chocolate ;)
    http://1drv.ms/1qsbd7s
    @laszlo‌ where is that?
    Tatry, Poland.
  • oldgamer518oldgamer518 Member Posts: 18

Hello, everyone!

I find that when I plan on playing Baldur's Gate for a hefty length of time, I like to complement the experience with a cup of freshly-brewed tea or a cup of some sort of harsh-tasting apple drink, as would befit a classically "medieval" high fantasy game like this.

What kind of food or drink, if any, do you like to pair with your adventuring (in Baldur's Gate or another game)? And if there's something you add to your session that's not food-related, tell us that, too!

Alcohol, usually beer or rum.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I make monkeyballs when I play bg
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    wubble said:

meagloth said:

I love tea. All the time. I generally have a cup of yea for breakfast. I am drinking tea right now.

And non over these over-flavored over-priced tea bags either. I drink real tea. We order loose leaf tea from the Seattle teacup. It's a little cheaper, WAY better, and of a far higher quality. Tea bags are generally to strongly flavored, and have to much tea in the tea bag. Just look at how much Starbucks gives you for a large tea. Those two huge bags could last a week if you split them into correct portions.

I find that most people who say they don't like tea just haven't had good tea. If it's to bitter you're steeping it to long. 1-2 minutes, less if it's a teabag. Green tea is to grassy. You shouldn't be using boiled water. Green white, and oolong should be around 175-185F. I still don't like tea- your drinking it on the wrong planet. go to the moon and open up your face mask for a good cup of earl grey.

Each to their own however I disagree. tea should be strong and flavourful with little to no sugar(I have none) and only a small amount of milk. the water should come straight from the kettle so the tea is hot by the time you get round to drinking it. No variants like those fruit teas, just normal tea (English breakfast). and the best brand I've come across has to be Yorkshire Tea (quite expensive so the wise free loader convinces someone else to buy it for them, like a parent).
    I agree with no sugar, but teas with a sharp taste such as lemon or kuding should be offset with a serving of honey. Pure honey, none of that sugary syrup water stores try to pass off as honey.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    It really depends on whether you have green, white or black tea :p
  • QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
    edited November 2014
    wubble said:

meagloth said:

*snip*

Each to their own however I disagree. tea should be strong and flavourful with little to no sugar(I have none) and only a small amount of milk. the water should come straight from the kettle so the tea is hot by the time you get round to drinking it. No variants like those fruit teas, just normal tea (English breakfast). and the best brand I've come across has to be Yorkshire Tea (quite expensive so the wise free loader convinces someone else to buy it for them, like a parent).
    Before I say my piece, I will say: I haven't given sugarless tea a proper chance. However, I have reason to believe my second time trying it will be no different than the first. In short, I prefer sugar in my tea. :P I can appreciate those fruit teas, but I'm with you: I'd much rather have a proper, simple tea.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

I have to respectfully disagree Nimran.

I agree with your disagreement. That means I disagree with myself.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2014
    I've dumbed down the soda intake and instead either go for a delicious V8 Splash or some Iced-Coffee with whip cream on top :) (or Water; water's good too)

As for food; anything not messy enough that I can't lick it off my fingers and wipe the rest off with a nearby tissue or paper towel; IE Chips, any form of food in a bowl like cereal or soup, and my personal favorite: sandwiches.