Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Beta Now Open

Comments

• CedeosCedeos Member Posts: 47
    Will there be a Beta for the Android version like there was with IWD as well? I would be happy to apply for.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited December 2014
    Great news, I can't believe this day has finally arrived. I'm anxious to see the patch notes.

Edit: The intro cinematic in the BG2 v1.3.2062 beta is heavily stuttering on my computer (both video and sound). I just checked the same cinematic on BG2 v1.2.2030 and it plays fine there.
    Post edited by Adul on
    JuliusBorisovlolienkaguana
  • notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    edited December 2014
    “Thank you for signing up! You will receive a confirmation email if you are selected for Beta Access.”

I'm waitting.
    JuliusBorisov
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Cedeos said:

Will there be a Beta for the Android version like there was with IWD as well? I would be happy to apply for.

There will be no beta for Android.

• RecilRecil Member Posts: 46
    Dee said:

When you are provisioned, the game will show up in your games list on Beamdog.com, as well as in the Beamdog client if you're on Windows. We'll provision people every day; if it takes more than 24 hours for the game to show up in your account, one of three things may be the case:

1. You didn't enter your email address correctly or you entered the wrong email address for your Beamdog account
    2. You don't own the game
    3. You own the game, but not through Beamdog.com

1. Same email i've used for 10 years now. no mistakes there.
    2. I have a receopt from y'all.
    3. Have bought bg,bgii, and iwd from beamdog, showsmup on my account page, so i know that's not mistaken. Anyway someone can check on my request. i've probably sent several by now.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Recil‌ It hasn't yet been 24 hours. :)
    lolien
    Adul said:

Great news, I can't believe this day has finally arrived. I'm anxious to see the patch notes.

Edit: The intro cinematic in the BG2 v1.3.2062 beta is heavily stuttering on my computer (both video and sound). I just checked the same cinematic on BG2 v1.2.2030 and it plays fine there.

Do you experience any stuttering in the movies in IWD:EE on that same computer?
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2014
    @Dee‌ why does the game not support 1920 * 1080 video resolution ( v. 1.3.2062 ) ?
    Please, take a look at this report

Also, when the Slayer form attacks, there is no animation for the cold damage ( innate ability )
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    Dee said:

Do you experience any stuttering in the movies in IWD:EE on that same computer?

@Dee No, those play fine as well.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    edited December 2014
    Somehow, my Minsc lost 5 in his max hit points value since I started the game. Cant even guess why...

Edit : aha, found out. Helm of Balduran's bonus is not always being added correctly, removing it and putting it back solves the issue. Reloading the game removes the bonus again however! Only the hit points are affected, all other Helm's bonuses stay when saving/loading.
    @Adul‌
    We might need to know more about your system specs, but have you tried rebooting your computer after installing/updating the Beta? Failing that, can you tell us your operating system, CPU, and GPU information?
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Awesome news!
    It couldn't have happened at better time! I just finished BGEE run two days ago and wanted to continue into BG2EE. You wouldn't believe how quickly you get use to those little thing like greeen/red spells scrolls and take them for granted...
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ScuDScuD Member Posts: 112
    There's a graphics glitch I've noticed. I think it is easy to reproduce.
    Take a Kensai and 3 weapons - a katana, a long sword+1 and Varscona. Give the katana in the main hand, long sword in the off-hand. Now replace the long sword with Varscona. The off-hand weapon on the avatar won't change, but the katana in the main hand will change its color.
    I have to try that with some flame weapon and see what happens :)
    Luke93 said:

@Dee‌ why does the game not support 1920 * 1080 video resolution ( v. 1.3.2062 ) ?
    Please, take a look at this report

That issue is likely due to a DPI scaling setting on your computer. You can disable DPI scaling in the Compatibility tab of the exe's properties, and it should fix the problem.
    lolien_Luke_
    When importing a character from a save or character file made in the previous build of BG2:EE it displays the weapons that were equipped when the save/export was made in the action bar. I do not have those weapons in my inventory/equipped. I can provide a save if necessary.
    Dee said:

@Adul‌
    We might need to know more about your system specs, but have you tried rebooting your computer after installing/updating the Beta? Failing that, can you tell us your operating system, CPU, and GPU information?

@Dee Rebooting the computer actually solved the problem. Thanks!
    lolien

When importing a character from a save or character file made in the previous build of BG2:EE it displays the weapons that were equipped when the save/export was made in the action bar. I do not have those weapons in my inventory/equipped. I can provide a save if necessary.

Yes, please; and a screenshot, if you can.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Wow good news indeed, and I still got time to play, nicey ;)

Thank you.
    JuliusBorisov
    If I load the save I just uploaded, it doesn't display the icons anymore. Hope this helps.
    @Doubledimas‌ can you upload the character you imported? That will give us a better test case.
    edited December 2014
    Character file and the save-file I exported the chr-file/imported the save from.
    @Doubledimas‌ Got it; thanks!
    lolien
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    edited December 2014

same here item icons appear in the weapon quick selection but there is nothing actually equiped clicking the weapon slot in the inventory, attacking a monster barehanded or equiping a different weapon solves the problem

Doubledimas
  • ChorazyGlusChorazyGlus Member Posts: 151
    @dreamtraveler I believe this bug was here since the original bg2. I always assumed that this was an engine limitation.
  • chomiczechomicze Member Posts: 2
    I have a question, what about people that bought it on GOG, how can we participate?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @chomicze‌
    Short answer: You can't, unless you buy it on another platform that is in the beta. This has been communicated several times.
  • chomiczechomicze Member Posts: 2
    Not in this thread, but thanks for answer anyway.
  • ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited December 2014
    We tried multiplayer with a friend and it seems that the issues have been solved, no repetitive disconnection from the client (the opposite of host -_- ) no disconnection during cinematic / chapter transition, and no items duplication after an imprisonment spell or flesh to stone. so far so good.
    About one thing, why is the font so small on the character profile page ingame, We can read but it's too small imo

Post edited by ifupauline on
    JuliusBorisovlolienproccoSilverstar
This discussion has been closed.