Skip to content

Alveus Custom Soundset mod

lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
edited January 2015 in IWD:EE Mods
Cheers!

As the title said, this is a soundset for IWDEE. I made this using the video series Icewind Dale Survival Rules featuring Mark Meer.
Big thanks goes to @Cuv‌ for his customization mod (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/9969/customization-mod#latest), actually i just edited that one a little bit, so he did the hard work for me.

And thanks to @Luigirules‌ too, for his excellent tutorial: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17259/tutorial-how-to-use-dltcep-to-enable-custom-soundsets#latest

Oh, and thanks to @Drugar‌ for the idea!

This is my first mod, so constructive remarks are welcome!

For using this extract the zip file in your main IWDEE directory and run install_alveus_customsound.bat

Edit: here dropbox link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrw3wlw93coc0d7/alveus_custom_soundset_mod_IWDEE.zip?dl=0

Edit: Thanks for @smeagolheart‌ this now compatible with BGEE and BG2EE. You can grab enhanced Alveus soundset as the part of loliensSoundsets here:
http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/599121/#Comment_599121
Post edited by lolien on
kensaiJuliusBorisovRavenslightCuv[Deleted User]CrevsDaakronaldoDrugarGrammarsaladAnduinAndrewFoleyartificial_sunlightCerevantPibarosmeagolheartRay22

Comments

• kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    Great! Wanted to do this myself, but I'm too lazy :))
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This basically creates Mark Meer's voice in IWDEE.

The thing I (and I'm sure many others) wanted so much as soon as I read a tweet about Mark being in the Beamdog's office and "recording something".

In BGEE, we have a male 5 voice by Mark Meer. In IWDEE we now have it by this mod.

E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T

lolienGrammarsaladPibaro
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    Nice job!
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Moradin smiles 'pon you, sir.

Will download and install as soon as I get home.
    lolienJuliusBorisovineth
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    My voice is like a hawk- errr wait no my voice doesn't have talons... so its not like a hawk at all is it?
    wubblelolienJuliusBorisov
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited December 2014
    @lolien you've got a bug in your tra. The line ~Flesh'n bone!~ has no number and is entered on the same line as another string so either that line has no subtitle or the whole numbering is off.

@4 = ~And still you keep trying!~~Flesh'n bone!~
    @5 = ~Magnificent!~
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited December 2014
    Thanks @smeagolheart‌ for the fix! Honestly i found it already, because i tried to make the soundset available for BGEE, just have no time to edit this one. But thanks again for the feedback!

Edit: OP attachment updated
    JuliusBorisovkensaismeagolheart
    @lolien there's no attachment in OP now
    lolien

@lolien there's no attachment in OP now

It seems vanilla make thumbnails to dissapear. It wasn't there for me before i updated too, but after i upload the new zip i saw the attachment. When you tagged me @smeagolheart‌ , i didn't see and when i open the OP to edit, than save it the zip file shows up for me again.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Maybe we should use the dropbox for files while this thumbnails problem is there. Load it to your dropbox and leave the link in the OP : ) Many mods and other files are linked to on this forum this way.
    lolien
    I don't know but it's not showing there now again. You click on attach a file?
    lolien
    Dropbox link added.
    JuliusBorisov
    I love this mod, but it narks me that he doesn't have any sub titles. Great work though.
    lolien
    You use this on IWDEE @Fandraxx‌ ?
    edited December 2014
    @lolien Yes indeedie.
    lolien
    Thanks @smeagolheart‌ for your work, and making this available for BGEE and BG2EE. I amplified the sound files, they were a bit quiet compared to the original sound files. Also there are now 33 quote in the soundset such as:
    -It's like cousin Cadiana told me.
    -Hahhah! Wands, i just love them!
    -Don't be a James!
    -I call that adventuring smarter, not harder.

Link in the OP!
    JuliusBorisovPibaroFandraxxsmeagolheart