Skip to content

Nimran's Story

NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
edited October 2014 in Fan Creations
Hey guys! I've been reading a lot of good stories on this forum, from playthroughs to novelizations of the games, so I've been itching to get my creative juices pumping and share a story of my own. I hope that you all enjoy it and give me some constructive feedback so that I could become a better writer, myself.

Now, this story was originally separated into many smaller stories, but they all come together to make up the world I have created, so I decided to bunch them all into this thread. Since the format is different than pen-and-paper, it will feel more like a novel than a series of short stories, but I will still take breaks whenever I feel I need to to keep the words fresh and flowing. Okay, let's get started. :)

The forest was eerily silent. Neither the chirping of birds, nor the music of insects was sounded in the evening breeze. Only the trees, their leaves softly rustling in the slow and steady wind, made any effort to disturb the silence. The young girl, treading clumsily through the forest, her petite form nearly completely overshadowed by the larger child, a boy, being carried unconscious on her back. Her white dress was torn and ragged, as strips of its sleeves and hem were now tied firmly around the boy's face and the stump where his left hand should have been. They were nearly soaked through with the boy's blood. The girl's dirty, ragged red hair hung limply over her face and head, and her body, visibly trembling under the weight of her brother and her heart, seemed ready to collapse.

She carried him through the forest silently, deathly afraid of the man who did this to them. The man who destroyed their family. She could not bring herself to stop, not until she found sanctuary for them both.

Her determined grimace relaxed as she saw a cave nearby. The girl knew she could not keep pushing herself for much longer, so upon seeing the possible shelter she gladly made her way inside. She carried her unconscious brother to the cave wall and, as gently as she could manage, laid him down against it, propping him up against the cold, bare stone. She then promptly sat down beside him and started unwrapping the blood-soaked makeshift bandages.

The boy, whose dark red hair fell over his eyes, was in terrible shape. His clothes were even more ragged than his sister's, and were stained red where the damage to his body was nearest. His left hand was completely gone, torn from his wrist by an incredible force. And the left side of his face was marred by three long, deep scars that cut vertically, the leftmost scar tearing through his eye, leaving a pale, dull orb in its wake, visible only because his eyelid was ripped away by the clawed hand that ravaged him.

The girl tore another strip of cloth from her dress and tied it around her brother's face, and repeated the process with his wrist. After the deed had been done, she slumped against the wall and looked outside, scanning the trees for any sign that they had been followed. She saw nothing but the trees and the dwindling light of the sunset behind them. The sight usually brought a smile to her face, but the events that transpired earlier that day had torn a hole in her heart, rendering her incapable of feeling the warmth of the sun as it slipped down behind the trees. She was exhausted beyond her limits, so she could no longer keep her eyes open. With a final, glazed look outside, she closed her eyes and slept.
Post edited by Nimran on
rufus_hobartBlackravenlolienNonnahswriterkcwiseLordRumfishBelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovbooinyoureyesCrevsDaakRavenslightAnduinMusignyLoldrupbrus

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I guess it is a fan creation, huh? Can someone move this thread?
    lolienkcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    It's an embarrassment of riches these days. My thanks for an interesting read.
    lolienBlackravenNimranJuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the praise. I may not have time to continue some days, but I hope to have another part up at least every two days or so.
    lolienkcwiseJuliusBorisov
    @Nonnahswriter there's definitely more to these kids than meets the eye. :wink:
    NonnahswriterkcwiselolienJuliusBorisov
    Well, I'm counting on you! :wink:
    NonnahswriterkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    "Swords! Not words!"
    NonnahswriterJuliusBorisovlolienBlackraven
    I went ahead and edited the aforementioned posts. They are now less redundant. :smiley:
    NonnahswriterkcwiseJuliusBorisovlolien