Skip to content

Need help with iPad constitution cheat!

Alright guys, so I did something really dumb... I did not realize that your familiar took away a constitution point per each death... Needless to say I now have 1 constitution point. I am playing on an iPad air. How can I get to the cheat console on an iPad to edit my constitution? It is the only cheat I want to use and I'll rid of that damn spell... Thanks!

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Wow!, how did you not notice the constitution drop? i'm fairly certain that there is no console for ipad but someone still might be able to edit your save on a mac.
    CrevsDaak
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    @Metalloman‌
    This should be moved in the International section of the forum.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    You can't activate the console on iPad. There's no keyboard. I guess if you have the PC version you can move the save to that game, change it then move the save back but other than that, no dice.
    jackjackShikao
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    meagloth said:

You can't activate the console on iPad. There's no keyboard. I guess if you have the PC version you can move the save to that game, change it then move the save back but other than that, no dice.

Or just move it to a computer and edit it with EEKeeper.
    jackjackShikaoCrevsDaak
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    macomeau said:

Or just move it to a computer and edit it with EEKeeper.

Doesn't EEKeeper require the game to work?
  • macomeaumacomeau Member Posts: 80
    I'm pretty sure you can fudge it if you just want to edit attributes.
    CrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2014
    Use ifunbox program. You can copy the whole bg folder to your desktop (2gb) this will simulate your ipad game installation on pc. You can then use eekeeper or even shadowkeeper to edit your game, just set it to your fake bg game on desktop. Or if you have pc version you can just edit there, too. Transfer your editted saved game back to save folder in your Ipad.

A very important hit:edited save games transfer to Ipad with a file in it named all lower case. It says baldur.gam for some reason game can't see it without capitals. Edit inside your ipad folder, change the name of that file in save game from baldur.gam to BALDUR.GAM and it should work fine. I do it all the time.
    ShikaoCrevsDaak
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @lunar‌
    I have never had this issue.
    I read about this many months ago, so the first time i checked, but it always worked properly. I never had to manually rename any file name.
    Pibaro said:

@lunar‌
    I have never had this issue.
    I read about this many months ago, so the first time i checked, but it always worked properly. I never had to manually rename any file name.

@Pibaro Weird, it happened to me. I haven't checked without renaming after that, though. I use an oldie but goldie Ipad2 with the ios 6.0 which I will never update. Maybe it makes the difference?
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    @lunar‌
    It may be.
    I always updated my ipad 2. Now I have 8.1 (don't do that. 7.x was ok, 8.x it's too heavy for an ipad 2).
    I update ifunbox too, this also may be the difference.
    If ios can't properly read lower case, ifunbox should auto-correct that, maybe now it does.
    lunarCrevsDaak
    @Pibaro
    Makes sense. My ifunbox is the ancient version, as well. Ditto for itunes and many other apps on my ipad&phone. I only look for bg updates. :-)
    PibaroCrevsDaak