Skip to content

Tea time!

QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
Tea drinkers unite! This is a little specific for what I hope will be a flourishing thread, but I thought we could gather here to share our favorite teas. I learned of a new tea through this forum, so I thought this thread might be welcome here.

I'll start.

-Suggested to me on this forum was white rose tea, which is white tea with rose buds. It has a light, minty taste, and it's refreshing.
-Seven blossoms tea. Presumably a Mexican tea consisting of seven different flowers, this one has a grassy taste (and will probably be an acquired taste) and is apparently known for its relaxing effect.
-Bramblewine is an organic tea that mixes berries and green tea. I have yet to taste it, but it smells mesmerizing.
-Green needle tea is a green tea that I tried a long time ago from Adagio Teas. I can't seem to find it now, but it's memorable to me for the fact that it basically tastes like nature-in-a-cup.

Comments

• old_jolly2old_jolly2 Member Posts: 453
    Tea > Coffee > Alcohol = 0
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I just prefer normal tea but two of my flatmates are very into other types, still this is a awesome thread idea (not quite as awesome as the beer thread though XD).
    I fancy a brew now...

Put kettle on!
  • QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
    So many great suggestions already.

@Kamigoroshi‌, yellow tea? I'll have to look into this.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I like black currant tea.
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    Earl Grey, or normal black tea.

@Kamigoroshi‌ I also don't drink coffee...I just can't acquire the taste of it. Although I do drink fruit juice.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I only and very rarely drink Earl Grey tea, without milk and very strong.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Just plain simple japanese sencha for me. Only tea leaves and water

• DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    edited December 2014
    I like this one. I prefer to drink it cold and in summer without adding sugar or honey.

http://en.teekanne.at/zenchai.php

• QueenQuinzelQueenQuinzel Member Posts: 44
    I also thought I'd mention English breakfast tea. It's a pretty common one, to my understanding, but I find its taste remarkable. It just has the right balance of all segments of the flavor. Nothing's too overpowering.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Tea. Earl Grey. Hot.
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    I always drinks with Jägertee (Austrian = Jagatee), so comparative this with the Samurai named @bengoshi‌ goes to be an "drunken Master" if he drinks too.

Index
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagertee
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I order tea from here. http://www.seattleteacup.com Usually Earl grey and aristocrat blend for black tea, dragonwell or gunpowder for green tea, and immunitea or eucomint for herbal.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    my mum bought me a big box of yorkshire tea before i went to uni
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Wubble I think we are going to be the only true tea bellies here.

Great Britain.

Once, along with Ireland, drank milk by the barrel full. It was safer to drink than the water... Plus the other safe drink... Ale, was looked down upon by the puritans. Then a ship came from China carrying the sacred tea leaf... But flavoured water was not going to be sold to the masses. So the first milkshake was made. That it was hot and tea flavoured is of no consequence!

The new world brought the coffee bean.

But Blighty stayed true to its indian colonies! Even if those irksome noisemakers at the Boston Tea Party did not and abandoned the sacred tea leaf for the home grown coffee bean...

Soooo... You who do not drink tea with milk. NOOOOOOOO! Tea should be a warm golden brown. Never green! A green cup of tea means you have not used boiling water!

*Anduin starts swinging the china teapot in a zealous manner*

And we invented the Hob Nob! The only biscuit to be able to survive multiple dunkings in a cuppa without dying a limp biscuit death! Take you biscottis and eat them dry Europe!

*Anduin starts devouring custard creams, malt milks and pink wafers in a nationalistic biscuit and tea fervour... begins to choke*

*cough*

Sorry... lost my train of thought... Love a cuppa me! PG tips, inventors of the pyramidal bag are my favourite for obvious reasons.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    I don't drink tea that much lately, but I love a cuppa, earl grey being my all-time favourite.

Tea > Coffee > Alcohol = 0

A Whisky Tea is a famous pick me up... Although nowadays deeply frowned upon. My old headteacher was very fond of them. Seemed to have one every time my mates and I turned up in his office...
    Peter Kay on Tea and Biscuits... This is a PG (Dorn says worse in game, but still seems fair to warn first). Some mild swearing at the horrors that biscuits can bring to the to the tea tray...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWzBnt0dlc