Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
edited December 2014 in Archived News
After many months of development, we are proud to bring you the 1.3 release for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. This update brings official support for Mac and Linux on Steam, iPhone support on the iTunes App Store, and (for the first time ever) an official release on Google Play for Android!

This update also features more than five-hundred bug fixes and dozens of gameplay enhancements. You can read our full 37-page release notes document on the official website, or download it directly here: Download Now!

We hope you enjoy the changes we've made. Happy holidays!
Spjuv3rnCrevsDaakproccorede9kaguanaHurricanejackjackAdulStarflower2525fearlessCr4zyJelminsterMerinaDarKelProrikonNonnahswriterDoubledimasleeuxdreamtravelerGreenWarlockJuliusBorisovAzzaralolienHeindrichKeplerEffinybob_venglunarrufus_hobartDiscoCatsmeagolheartCrossfire876AdsojoluvArchaosRavenslightAliard1806

Comments

• FlozemFlozem Member Posts: 9
    edited December 2014
    I am like the fifth guy to download the Android release if I am to believe the Google Play counter. Excited to continue my BG1 games. Sadly I cannot buy the dlc though? The in-app purchase links to Google Play which in turn tells me the content is not available. :(
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited December 2014
    Flozem said:

Fifth guy to download the Android release here. I cannot buy the dlc though? The in-app purchase links to Google Play which in turn tells me the content is not available. :(

You may need to purchase them from within the game.

EDIT: Or maybe we needed to press buttons. Should be good now!
    jackjackrorikonJuliusBorisovlolien
    Looks to be fixed now. I was prolly too eager to buy... Guess the shop was still being updated. :)
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    THANKS BEAMDOG!!! Android BG2 goodness at last :-)
    JuliusBorisov
    Indeed - very happy. :wink:
    LcacdriverJuliusBorisovjackjack
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    edited December 2014
    Really good news. :) I had the beta on Steam and it still says [updatetesting] next to my BG2:EE game in the list. Is that a non-issue or will it go away?

Edit: I figured it out. Anyone on Steam, after you update verify the game cache, it will turn things back to normal. At least it did for me.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Until you select "None" from the drop-down you'll still be part of the beta on Steam. I don't believe there's any difference at this point, but if you want to just play the release build without seeing beta updates, you're free to opt out at any time.
    lolien
  • AllbrotherAllbrother Member Posts: 261
    CrevsDaak said:

THE PATCH IS A-LIVE!!!!

Not on GoG :(
    rede9
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    @Dee, I just wanted to say thanks for doing something about the newer BG1:EE portraits not being imported into BG2:EE for the final patch release. It's still not perfect obviously (the portraits still can't be selected by new BG2 characters), but I appreciate that some movement has already happened since the beta and it makes importing BG1 characters a lot less annoying. If something could also be done about the missing BG1:EE soundsets at some point in the future I'd be absolutely delighted, if only because at the moment there's just 3-4 voices per gender (do I include the 'default' one?), which makes multiplayer / Black Pits character generation a bit limited in the voice department.

Anyway, thanks for that improvement (amongst a bunch of others obviously) and I'm glad the patch is here!
    JuliusBorisovkaguanalolien
  • HoboJoe0858HoboJoe0858 Member Posts: 36
    How long until GoG gets the patch?
  • chd20024chd20024 Member Posts: 2
    so im a complete numbskull when it comes any tec stuff, it took me forever to figure out how to get the mods to work(yes I now know how easy it is hehe) but after I downloaded 1.3 it would appear that bunches of the mods I downloaded aren't working, is there a simple fix for this or do I have to get rid of all the mods? any help would be greatly appreciated
  • chd20024chd20024 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks Elminster, I was hoping id find a magic easy way but guess its hours of re-installing mods lol
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • VyrulisseVyrulisse Member Posts: 108
    Dee said:

Until you select "None" from the drop-down you'll still be part of the beta on Steam. I don't believe there's any difference at this point, but if you want to just play the release build without seeing beta updates, you're free to opt out at any time.

I downloaded like 34-something MB and it remained, I opted out and it was still there, it went "back to normal" when I validated files. Not a problem, just mentioning it to others who may wonder why. :) It had no effect on gameplay and it runs fine... rather silly observation in the grand scheme of things hehe :P
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I didn't even realize it was patched until I saw the "1.3.2(rest of the numbers)" in the version section, lol. Cheers to the new patch!
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Yay! Patch away! Here's hoping that it clears the Apple App Store approval process in time for Christmas!
    (although I will not hold folks accountable if a glut of Christmas approvals means it misses the deadline, as long as there is an assurance we are actually in the queue this time ;) )
    JuliusBorisov
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Also here's to hoping no more big patches are necessary, because this efficiently killed my mods and trying to solve it myself failed. :(

Oh well, reinstall HYPE!
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    anywhere to see that twitch they made ?
  • JustphilJustphil Member Posts: 11
    Android DLC - not sure if working as it should? I bought Dorn and Neera but then noticed that both restore purchases and buy were highlighted on the other content (and probably Dorn and Neera as well, if I had looked). I clicked restore purchases for two of the items and discovered that it indicated restore successful. I have not checked in game, but I may have obtained free content. Thought you might wish to check that there is not an issue.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    edited December 2014
    The PDF is downloading super slow. Like 20KB/s when I normally download around 550 to 700KB/s. I'm downloading the update on Steam at 680KB/s at the same time as the PDF download (I even tried pausing the steam update to see if it had any effect on the PDF download but it didn't)
    edited December 2014
    In the PDF, why is the exact same bug mentioned multiple times with only the bug report number changing? Several different bugs are listed repeatedly, like "Split Stack field now only allows four digits to be inputted" on pages 34 and 35 for example.

Surely a clearer explanation could've been supplied to better distinguish what their talking about and how they differ from one another.

It's also kind of annoying that all the Multiplayer bug fixes are strewn across the many pages of the PDF and not in a single location, especially when there is already a section entirely dedicated to multiplayer bug fixes.
  • MoffMoff Member Posts: 13
    I don't know if it's just my imagination or what, but i feel like the game looks slightly better after the update. Did anyone else noticed that? I'm playing the game zoomed almost all the way in, so that it looks similar to the original running at 640x480 \ 800x600, and now it appears to be noticeably sharper than it used to. Like if aspect ratio was corrected or zoom levels fit the screen resolution better.
    lolien
  • danbo0001danbo0001 Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

I have the standalone BG2EE launcher version on Windows and, although the news feed bit says patch 1.3 is available, the launcher is not actually updating from 1.2.2030 - I just have the Play button. Do I need to do anything to tell it to update?

Also, I have found my old Dave Gaider Ascension and tougher battles mods - will they work in BG2EE on Windows if I install them the same way as for the original (iirc it was unzipping them to the override folder or something)?

If they do work in Windows, how about in the Android version? (am thinking of getting that too!)

• BigCitySheltsBigCityShelts Member Posts: 7
    Nicest patch documentation I've ever seen!
    JuliusBorisovjackjacklolien
    edited December 2014
    Moff said:

I don't know if it's just my imagination or what, but i feel like the game looks slightly better after the update. Did anyone else noticed that? I'm playing the game zoomed almost all the way in, so that it looks similar to the original running at 640x480 \ 800x600, and now it appears to be noticeably sharper than it used to. Like if aspect ratio was corrected or zoom levels fit the screen resolution better.

Maybe they finally got rid of the blurry graphics scaler they were previously using so zooming in retains the original crisp pixellated look instead of the look of someone having smeared Vaseline over the display.
  • azuritazurit Member Posts: 182
    How can i switch my Windows version purchased directly from Beamdog to linux version?