Skip to content

can the 2nd class reach level 30?

I have a level 20 fighter, is it Thief is the only choice?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    It's a bit late to dual class If you're playing with a group you won't get much more xp I don't think(unless you're doing HoF) you might get stuck and not have enough xp left to reactivate your first class.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Any class should reach level 30 however I think there is a bug that limits the xp somehow.

If you have the stats you could dual to cleric, Druid, Mage or thief but the requirements can be quite high. 15 strength to start for all as you're starting as a fighter. 17 dex for thief, 17 wisdom for cleric, 17 intelligence for Mage and 17 wisdom+17 charisma for Druid. Only permanent boosts granted from the few special potions and one book can help you reach those targets.

As to whether you should dual. Well, to thief I wouldn't bother. If you can dual to any other class and you're at the beginning of a heart of fury run then have at it as long as you can support the character while he's weak. Consider that divines have hefty weapon restrictions too.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @foolstone‌

There's a bug in IWDEE now that prevents getting more than 8 mln XP total if you're dual-classing.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36384/10429-all-dual-classes-should-not-be-restricted-to-8-million-total-xp-between-their-two-classes

So, if your fighter has the 20th level and thus 3 mln XP, she has 5 mln XP left. You can dual-class to a thief (2420000 XP needed to get the 21th level), to a mage (4125000 XP needed to get the 21th level), to a cleric (2925000 XP needed to get the 21th level), to a druid (3900000 XP needed to get the 21th level).

In other words, everything is possible to you if you manage to get enough XP.
  • foolstonefoolstone Member Posts: 37
    Thanks all of you.

yes, I just started HoF mode. When I were playing original IWD game, I dual to mage at level 21 but now I realized IWD:EE may different from original game. But it is a bit late now. :(
    JuliusBorisov
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    bengoshi said:

@foolstone‌

There's a bug in IWDEE now that prevents getting more than 8 mln XP total if you're dual-classing.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/36384/10429-all-dual-classes-should-not-be-restricted-to-8-million-total-xp-between-their-two-classes

So, if your fighter has the 20th level and thus 3 mln XP, she has 5 mln XP left. You can dual-class to a thief (2420000 XP needed to get the 21th level), to a mage (4125000 XP needed to get the 21th level), to a cleric (2925000 XP needed to get the 21th level), to a druid (3900000 XP needed to get the 21th level).

In other words, everything is possible to you if you manage to get enough XP.

I think you've got an incorrect xp table for Druid as in IWDee Druid follows a different progression than BG.

Not that it changes much ...