Skip to content

How Do I Create an N.P.C. Only Item? (Boo)

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
So I'm stuck on NearInfinity trying to create an N.P.C.-Only Item like Boo or the Rabbit's Foot or Edwin's Necklace or Xan's Moonblade.

How do I create the N.P.C. Only Item Restriction(s)?

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I think the items are added and made to be not droppable. They aren't tied to the NPC per se, they are made not droppable and added to their inventory.
    jackjack
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited December 2014
    You can specify that a particular item is usable only be certain NPCs by adding the item to itemuse.2da.

See Camdawg's guide here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25516&p=212259

item_use externalizes NPC undroppable items, i.e. Alora's luck rabbit foot or Edwin's amulet, as well as what they say about them. Same implementation as TobEx:

2DA V1.0
    USER STRREF FLAG
    MISC84 MINSC 10218 3
    MISC88 ALORA 10219 1
    MISC89 EDWIN 10222 1
    SW1H13 XAN 10220 2
    AROW14 ELDOTH 10221 2
    WithinAmnesiajackjack
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958

I think the items are added and made to be not droppable. They aren't tied to the NPC per se, they are made not droppable and added to their inventory.

Not correct, I have tried that :/.
    jackjack

You can specify that a particular item is usable only be certain NPCs by adding the item to itemuse.2da.

See Camdawg's guide here: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=25516&p=212259

item_use externalizes NPC undroppable items, i.e. Alora's luck rabbit foot or Edwin's amulet, as well as what they say about them. Same implementation as TobEx:

2DA V1.0
    USER STRREF FLAG
    MISC84 MINSC 10218 3
    MISC88 ALORA 10219 1
    MISC89 EDWIN 10222 1
    SW1H13 XAN 10220 2
    AROW14 ELDOTH 10221 2
    I most enjoyed finding the 2DA files but as I do not have the Enhanced Edition (it is complicated..) I feel sad being stuck behind having to 'plan' features rather than have them ready and working as intended :/.
    Although I'm working with what I got and I'm getting an '80% satisfactory rating' with my plans vs my results.

Although I would LOVE to work with the Enhanced Edition Engine and its externalized features.
    [It was so frustrating and disheartening to find the string reference in NearInfinity of Edwin's inventory message when you try to remove his necklace only to come up just barely short with engine limitations.]
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2014

I do not have the Enhanced Edition

If you're playing the original BG1 in the BG2 engine (through Tutu or BGT) you can use ToBEx to externalise that 2DA file.

If this is for a mod, you can either make ToBEx a prerequisite (for non-EE games) or, even better, incorporate the relevant portion of ToBEx in your own mod (in fact ToBEx is redistributable).
    WithinAmnesia
    edited December 2014
    Thank You @Erg‌ I much appreciate your advice and help. I should 'hook up' Tutu again and work with that engine. Although what modding tools should I use with Tutu and is there any notes and or things that I should know about Tutu and NearInfinity 'working' together?