Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    azurit said:

How can i switch my Windows version purchased directly from Beamdog to linux version?

What happens when you buy the linux version?

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    azurit said:

How can i switch my Windows version purchased directly from Beamdog to linux version?

Send an email to support@beamdog.com - we'll help you get set up.
    jackjackNecdilzor
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    So is the patch waiting for the approval perşod in Appstore? For the Ipad users?

Btw congratulations on the patch release it really seems to have enhanced the game even further. Next time you guys release a new game I will be like that 'shut up and take my money!' meme :-))
    JuliusBorisovPibaroBelgarathMTHlolien
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Great news on the patch release. Quick question, what happens to the 1.3 beta in the Beamdog client? I assume at some point it's just removed or will it stay there?
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    edited December 2014
    I've still got the BG1 and Icewind Dale betas in my beamdog client, so I'm guessing it'll stay there :)

Presumably it also means we won't have to apply again the next time there's a beta patch release, so I prefer it that way. Also, I don't have to update my 1.2 installation (which would override my mods), but can still try out the new patch...
  • StormcrowStormcrow Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2014
    Yay!!! Finally quick loot stacking and no more running around. And no more having to readd spells after level drain. Just that is great :) Not sure of pathing improvement yet, they still get "stuck" in combat sometimes, and i got to move em manually.

And scaling, better text as well it seems :) Still reading the changelog, heh, but overall very very nice
  • atakdogatakdog Member Posts: 51
    Did you submit the patch to the Apple Store this time, or will those of us who purchased it there continue to be stuck with version 1.2.0?
    lunarGibberlingMousaka
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    So the nightmare mode that has been added in the baldur.ini file is it fully supported or still a work in progress?
  • LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member Posts: 22
    atakdog said:

Did you submit the patch to the Apple Store this time, or will those of us who purchased it there continue to be stuck with version 1.2.0?

It was specifically mentioned in th live stream that it has been submitted to Apple for the App Stote & MAS, however this is a traditionally busy time for Apples approval processing and so will take slightly longer to receive release approval and store deployment.
    JuliusBorisovlunarjackjack
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    tobajas said:

So the nightmare mode that has been added in the baldur.ini file is it fully supported or still a work in progress?

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/589804/#Comment_589804
    JuliusBorisovtobajasjackjacklolien
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    elminster said:

tobajas said:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/589804/#Comment_589804
    Cheers for the insight
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    I begin the download for the patch on my Win7 laptop, and then in the download progress bar, the message, "Download paused (click to resume)" is displayed. Clicking to resume does nothing, as does closing the game launcher and reloading. It brings back the opening screen with the "Download paused" message, and I'm stuck. Any help?
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    edited December 2014
    @Dee @Gate70
    What about the bugs I reported during the beta phase (The Road to v1.3) which didn't get fixed? Do you want me to post them again in the v1.3 Bugs forum? Or do you have them logged already?
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Hurricane‌ We have them logged, but feel free to post them in the Bugs forum so other people know about them.
    JuliusBorisovjackjackCrevsDaaklolien
  • HurricaneHurricane Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 730
    Will do, thanks.
    lolien
  • CruentuzCruentuz Member Posts: 16
    Does this apply also to the final patch? ->

" Note: You can load your 1.2 saved games into the 1.3 beta and continue your game. However, you will not be able to load saved games from 1.3 back into 1.2. Back up your saves before you load them into the beta!"

Or...do I have to start a new game to fully use the patch?
  • billben74billben74 Member Posts: 2
    I've just installed the update after my steam version of the game prompted me to update. Its killed all my mods and my attempts to reinstall haven't worked. Its really dissapointing that no warning of this kind of behaviour is given.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited December 2014
    the game sets the game to a baseline, mod content is on top of the baseline. It can't save your settings for every mod.
    elminsterHurricane
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    Any word if Apple has given the green light on the patch yet? I hope updates are faster than new apps. New apps is 8 days right now which means no patch for us
    jackjack
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    how do I get the hitpoints out of my portraits?
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Arcalian said:

how do I get the hitpoints out of my portraits?

'Game Options', 'Show Character HP', '0', in baldur.ini.
    HurricaneCrevsDaakArcalian
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Cruentuz said:

Does this apply also to the final patch? ->

" Note: You can load your 1.2 saved games into the 1.3 beta and continue your game. However, you will not be able to load saved games from 1.3 back into 1.2. Back up your saves before you load them into the beta!"

Or...do I have to start a new game to fully use the patch?

This is still (completely) true - you can bring save games forward, but not back again.
    CrevsDaak
  • xscott71xxscott71x Member Posts: 63
    xscott71x said:

I begin the download for the patch on my Win7 laptop, and then in the download progress bar, the message, "Download paused (click to resume)" is displayed. Clicking to resume does nothing, as does closing the game launcher and reloading. It brings back the opening screen with the "Download paused" message, and I'm stuck. Any help?

Got a response from Beamdog:

Hello xscott71x,

Thank you for contacting Beamdog support. My name is Stephen, and I will be assisting you. I am sorry to hear you are unable to download the v1.3 patch for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

If clicking the bar, and closing the launcher do not help, try rebooting the computer.

If it is still frozen, click on the small icon in the bottom right corner and select "Repair Installation".

Please let me know if the problem persists, and I will continue to look for a solution for you.

Thank you, -Stephen
    JuliusBorisov
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Just passing to ask a question: Dualed classes to priest only reach HLAs when the XP points of the priest class pass over 3.000.000, so it take me 3.660.000 to reach my first HLA with an shadowdancer (13) / Cleric. Is that right?
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    Did this patch eliminate any of the known mods, either by basically adding what a mod does or make a mod no longer compatible?
    My first game with the 1.3v has displayed some inconvenient results.

The AI changed to characters wait people to move instead of imediatly calculate another route is making some backfire in fights.

In the mephit room on irenicus dungeon, when a mephit is close to the wall and the attacker can't reach the mephit, instead of turn around to attack from another angle, my characters are waiting forever until the path become clear.

Don't know if this is an issue or intended but i'm reporting anyway by precaution.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    kamuizin said:

Just passing to ask a question: Dualed classes to priest only reach HLAs when the XP points of the priest class pass over 3.000.000, so it take me 3.660.000 to reach my first HLA with an shadowdancer (13) / Cleric. Is that right?

Single and multiclass characters gain epic abilities any time they level up when their total amount of experience points is 3000000 or above. If it's a dual-classed character, she gets HLA once her second class reaches 3000000 XP or above (in cases of solo runs it's possible to get HLA for the first class when it reaches 3000000 XP and only then dual into the second class).

The experience from the both classes is not summed (so 660000 XP from the Shadowdancer are not taken into consideration here).

A cleric gets the 21th level with 2925000 XP and the 22th level with 3150000 XP.

So, in order to get the first HLA for your Shadowdancer (13) / Cleric, you should have 660000+3150000 = 3810000 XP.
    kcwisePibarojackjack
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    Looks like we did not get 1.3 approved before the Mac App store process shut down for Christmas, so looking forward to this in the new year. Could @Dee or someone else from Beamdog please confirm that the Mac App Store patch has been submitted for approval though - I would hate to wait until March before we get confirmation of no submission again!

(Not concerned by the Christmas break - that was expected. Just want to be sure we are in the queue!)
    jackjackGibberlingMousaka
    bengoshi said:

kamuizin said:

Single and multiclass characters gain epic abilities any time they level up when their total amount of experience points is 3000000 or above. If it's a dual-classed character, she gets HLA once her second class reaches 3000000 XP or above (in cases of solo runs it's possible to get HLA for the first class when it reaches 3000000 XP and only then dual into the second class).

The experience from the both classes is not summed (so 660000 XP from the Shadowdancer are not taken into consideration here).

A cleric gets the 21th level with 2925000 XP and the 22th level with 3150000 XP.

So, in order to get the first HLA for your Shadowdancer (13) / Cleric, you should have 660000+3150000 = 3810000 XP.
    Same is applied to the High priest ring that every cleric in the game get after a certain amount of levels?
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    edited December 2014
    Hello Beam Dog. Thank you for pay attention to lite but annoying bugs like this one: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/22082/the-alt-f4-case-and-one-bug

Merry Christmas!
    JuliusBorisovjackjack