Skip to content

What's the story behind your screen name?

Comments

• AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    @Moomintroll‌ Du är svenska, va?
    edited December 2014
    I actually had a long list of forum name possibilities, but in the end, for the sake of typing when logging in or if someone needed to @ me, I used this one. Pronounced "Ad-zo", it is a Latin name that I saw when I came across the entry for Adso of Montier-en-Der (Adso Dervensis) who was an abbot of said monastery (died 992 ce). Also the name of the pupil to Sean Connery's monk char in "The Name of the Rose" movie.

I then used the name for a 2nd ed Monk build in anticipation of playing the BG series when I had the time.

The other handles (some character names) are a lot longer and/or obscure. Some also contained characters people might struggle to type, ie the name "Þjálfi" which is one character of a few I have planned out for an all Viking, RP-heavy IWDEE run (historically based party in structure, weapons used, names taken etc).
    Post edited by Adso on
    ElrandirAnduinBrer_Rabbitmf2112
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Adso‌ Can you please make a thread about that play-through? Like, pleeeeeease? *smiles sweetly* I don't even need a role-played thread or a super fleshed out one, just pictures and some basic details? I just really want to see that amazing sounding party.
    Adso
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Adso said:

Moomintroll‌ Du är svenska, va?

Isn't that series Finnish rather than Swedish?
    AdsoMontresor_SPkaguanabooinyoureyes
    edited December 2014

Adso said:

Moomintroll‌ Du är svenska, va?

Isn't that series Finnish rather than Swedish?
    Ah, you are correct. A friend filled me in that they are Finnish, but are written in the Swedish language (author is Swedish speaking Finn?). That sound right?

So I should have asked "Moomintroll‌ (or Muumipeikko), oletko suomalainen?" ;)
    lolienMontresor_SPCrevsDaak
    Elrandir said:

@Adso‌ Can you please make a thread about that play-through? Like, pleeeeeease? *smiles sweetly* I don't even need a role-played thread or a super fleshed out one, just pictures and some basic details? I just really want to see that amazing sounding party.

I was planning on it. I have the classes/kits firm, but final name assignments not yet (just a pool). Weapon assignments, pretty firm. And two alternate backgrounds on how/why they are there in IWD.

Would such be posted in the "Fan Creations" forum vs the RP forum?
    ElrandirlolienkaguanaCrevsDaak
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Adso said:

Would such be posted in the "Fan Creations" forum vs the RP forum?

@Adso‌ For at least a little while, post it in the IWD forum, as it'll gain more notoriety there. After it's garnered some attention, it's PREFERRED (not enforced) to put it in the Challenges and Playthroughs forum.
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    We need to hear the story behind @C_c_c_combo_Breaker‌ and @YES‌ names! supposedly they are fun

hexxactly‌ we don't have @No around us so far
    wubblekcwise
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited December 2014
    sarevok57 said:

mine is from Sarevok being one of my favourite villians, back in '98 sarevok was one of the most badass villians ever, kevin Richardson did very good voice acting for him and it fit sarevok quite well, then 57 is my favourite number and usually when I make sarevok as a display name it has already been taken sort of thing, so I always just went with 57, because I doubt anyone tried making the name sarevok 57 times

Oh my! I always thought, that you are a Sarah Bennett fun, or as i secretly hoped, you are Sarah Bennett personally (who played one of the ewoks from the Jedi Returns).
    Post edited by lolien on
    JuliusBorisov
    "válečník" wouldn't be a bad one either :smile:
    lolienJuliusBorisov