Skip to content

My wish list... Bags, Quivers, Potion + Scroll cases, Quests, Spawns, Boo and Extra Depravity...

AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
edited August 2012 in Feature Requests
May be a little late to get any of these requests onto the release... but hey, my wish list.

A bag of holding please to stop needless visits to that container you stuffed full of items that you might just need again (Mine is usually the container on the first floor of the Friendly Arm Inn). Quivers, Belts and Scroll cases are also useful.

Quivers that supply endless amounts of +1 arrows exist. How about scroll cases that supply endless amounts of a particular scroll? Should restrict this to lvl1 or 2 spells but could be useful to have. Lots grease spells could be cool to use etc... A similar option could be for potion cases supplying endless healing potions... Maybe too overpowered.

A seperate spawn setting. You have a difficulty setting that effects the rules. How about a spawn setting that sets how many monsters you fight? A person who wants to play pure DnD ruleset may capitulate when the monsters come thick and fast. However give them the option to thin em out a bit... Alternatively give your sword arm more of a work out with maxo spawns! When you positively, absolutely need to kill a screenful of monsters...

Move Boo out of Minsc's potion quick use slots and into his backpack. Let Minsc have his healing potion and drink it please... Boo is usually eating eyes anyway... While were at it, make Minsc properly bald. That white fuz he had put me off my food.

Give Jaheria a sense of humour.

Make Saveoursock meaner. He wes too easy as I recall. Maybe make Saveoursock a little more canny and send you on quests (In his disguised form you meet at Candlekeep maybe? Who knows how many Bhaalspawns Gorion brought back to candlekeep for safe keeping) to kill other Bhaalspawns... Saveoursock will think he will be getting rid of two Bhaalspawns for the price of one... heh!

Give Xvarts machine guns. Perhaps maybe give them a bunker or a trench to hide behind. It would have been more useful than that teddy bear and that nuclear fall out shelter... That shelter looked like a cave! It was full of bats!

Extra depravity as well please. Everyone loves a good bit of depravity...
SneakyDumpling[Deleted User]MalicronAbelKidCarnivallolien

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    More copies of the Big Metal Unit for me... I want one for each of my party members! :)
    AnduinMalicron
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    If you recieved a Big Metal Unit by ToB... Imagine how big the tank will be in BG3!
    [Deleted User]Malicronlolien
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Never got the Big Metal Unit. :( I feel robbed.
    Oh yes... A very BIG gun!
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Is it closed that site btw?

no news or something.. A lot of good info and stuff on it..
    edited August 2012
    Back in 2002(ish not sure of the exact year so long ago!) when BG2 came out, lots and lots of websites came out totally devoted to BG2. Planet Baldur is one... It extended into BG. The only real website devoted to BG that was around from the very start was Sorcers.net.

My favourite is Dudleyville. The spell info there is awesome.
    http://www.forgottenwars.com/bg1/index.htm

Most of the game help boards are deadish, well compared to the forums here :P

Sorcers.net still going strong.
    lordkim[Deleted User]lolien
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Oh my.

Bag of Holding should be in as should scroll cases and gem bags seeing as all 3 exist in the BGII version of the engine and that's what's being used. There is, for crossbows at least, also infinite +1 quivers in ToB iirc.

... Minsc has hair? I haven't noticed, I always chuck a helmet on him right away :O Moving Boo into the inventory is a good idea, wouldn't be all that different from Mages/Sorcerers' familiar.

Giving Jaheira a sense of humour or making her remotely cheerful would break cosmic laws and destroy the universe. It's better not to.

Xvarts having machine guns is just wrong on so many levels. First of all, it would be unfair to the gibberlings who are in dire need of some better gear; they should take precedence. Second, there's an iron crisis going on and times are hard, machine guns are simply too wasteful. And finally there's the fact that it's just plain unrealistic; Xvarts don't have the kind of money to be buying machine guns!

As for more depravity, I'm unsure if Boo would approve. The idea needs to be run by him first.
    AnduinmlneveseSneakyDumpling
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    edited August 2012
    I really dont like those ideas (Except the bag). Talking about bmu, I only played DA 1 and I saw some pants, do you get something in DA2?
    Post edited by Fake_Sketch on
    @Silverstar Thank you for deliberating over my ideas! Thank you for giving the thumbs up on the first few... As to the others...

I have looked on the "list of impossibles" and it appears that giving Jaheria a sense of humour is a no can do... The infinity engine cannot cope with the complexity.

You are absolutlely spot on... Giving machine guns to Xvarts would result in an arms race with the Gibberlings who would demand rocket launchers. Personally this is unrealistic... Everyone knows that Mortar rounds are the best way to tackle Xvarts.

As for more depravity, I'm unsure if Boo would approve. The idea needs to be run by him first.

I asked Boo, through a friend of a rodent, and he is expecting more depravity. He is giving it two paws up and his utmost approval!

MilesBeyondSneakyDumpling[Deleted User]lolien
    @Anduin And then you end up with Team Fortress 2. Okay, now I want an archer to romance based on the TF2 Sniper. The Sniper even has a bow and arrows... you know it would work!
    @LadyRhian He would need a special helmet... Not sure about cowboy hats featuring in BG.
    lolien
    @Anduin Robin Hood hat? TF2 has the Larrikin Robin. ;)
    @LadyRhian I think we have stumbled onto something their... I demand a hat of archery! It should look like it could have been worn by Robin of Loxley. I want it available in three colours... Green, Blue and Pink. AND I want it in BG:EE!
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I think Boo should occupy all of Minsc's quickslots. After all if you have an awesome hamster on hand what need to do you have for anything else?
    AnduinAbel
    @decado But what if Minsc accidently mistakes him for a potion of strength? Boo will have to spend extra time in Minsc's body cavities again... We do not want this for Boo!
    [Deleted User]reedmilfamMalicronlolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @Samus What really shocks me... Is that even on my first / second ever post. Save our sock was still used for Sarevok... In my mind it will always be Saveoursock and Jon Irannickerless...

Also, looking back... They actually put all the extra cases into the game!

They done good!

We will have to live in hope that Xvarts and machine guns can come together in some kind of enhanced edition Christmas special...
    [Deleted User]lolien
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    Threads like this make me nervous, you give all kinds of crazy ideas to Overhaul and then one day one of 'em is sitting there - maybe having drunk too much at 4am - and they decide to give the big metal unit to Nexlit The Xvart. Then after you've recovered from the shock of seeing Ursa the bear smoke your parties ashes in her very own tabacco pipe, you pop over to these forums to see a newly released patch with first item on the agenda:

"Fixed the issue with an overpowered easter egg item being given to a very put-upon little blue Xvart". Oops.
    lolien