Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release

Comments

• CirdanCirdan Member Posts: 21
    I didn't get to get this idea suggested, but It would have been really nice if the spell selection bar could be controlled by the mouse wheel. ... Spell casting is super slow because the selection process is so encumbered.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @GreenWarlock‌

They've submitted the patch to Apple, yes.

But there's a problem right now that is being adressed.

So, they're trying to find a resolution.

@kamuizin‌

Yes, the Holy Symbols of Helm, Lathander and Talos are automatically obtained when a cleric attains the 25th level. If she's a dual-classed character, she must reach the 25th level as a cleric, no matter what her first class was.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    kamuizin said:

For the sake of roleplay, shouldn't the NPCs that worship their own deities get holy simbols of these deities? They would do the same as the others, but the name and skin of the item should be adapted. Shar for Viconia, Baervan for Aerie, Sylvanus for Jaheira and therefore on...

The BG2 Fixpack mod has a component that does that - "Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes".
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    that sounds great but it does not account for charname's deity, right?
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    bob_veng said:

Well, your options for a PC deity are Lathander, Helm and Talos - the ones that are already covered. It's only Aerie, Viconia and Anomen that have different deities.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    oh yeah...i start forgetting things like that for no reason:(
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    The G3 Fixpack only prevents an exploit in which you could get several holy symbols (IIRC, of course) for a single Cleric.
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    The description is:

Optional But Cool: Ghreyfain's Holy Symbol Fixes
    Basically, it makes the granting of Holy Symbols in the game a bit more logical. Aerie gets the symbol of Baervan, Viconia gets the symbol of Shar, and Anomen gains the symbol of Helm even when lawful good (he used to get Lathander's).
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    shawne said:

bob_veng said:

Well, your options for a PC deity are Lathander, Helm and Talos - the ones that are already covered. It's only Aerie, Viconia and Anomen that have different deities.

Anomen already worship Helm, so in fact it's just Viconia and Aerie (forgot druids don't get the ring).
  • FitschivalryFitschivalry Member Posts: 9
    How do you import your game on android? Thanks for the best christmas present i got this year!
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Dee said:

After many months of development, we are proud to bring you the 1.3 release for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.

Gelugons rejoice - Hell has frozen over.
  • bengoshi said:

@GreenWarlock‌

They've submitted the patch to Apple, yes.

But there's a problem right now that is being adressed.

So, they're trying to find a resolution.

----

Hello everyone, if I understood correctly the patch for the MAC App Store (as well as the iApp Store) are on their way of being approved, as the icon problem was solved.
    We can expect the new version to become available in the next weeks, correct?

Cheers to everyone and a happy new year!
    Mush
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    No one make predictions about apple store release day, something weird always happens, but usually thursday is the day, so let's hope for next thursday!
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Yes, this is definitely a case of Apple Soon(tm) not Beamdog Soon(tm)
  • espeyespey Member Posts: 1
    Having an issue with getting the console to work on my android. The hacker keyboard has been installed along with debug mode added to the ini. Please help
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    espey said:

Having an issue with getting the console to work on my android. The hacker keyboard has been installed along with debug mode added to the ini. Please help

I am able to use the console just fine on my tablet (although I am using a physical keyboard). You need to use Ctrl-Enter to bring it up, not Ctrl-Space like you do on the PC (see http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/506889/#Comment_506889).
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    Has the BG2 1.3 patch for OSX been resubmitted to GoG yet? I know they had issues with the initial submission. Thanks!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Well, it's Thursday, noon EST. No sign of it yet on the Apple Store for iOS :(
    edited January 2015
    I know :( but last time it happened later. Let's hope

Edit: bad news.
    Trent Oster twitted that they had a bug, and they have to submit it again, so we need to wait no less than a couple more weeks :(
    Good grief.
    I mean… seriously?
    Sadly yes :(
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    It would be really nice if the News thread here actually contained such News occasionally. This time last year I was checking the Mac App store daily for an update for two months, and then weekly until was announced that we could stop waiting at the end of March. That is a daily disappointment that quickly leads to disillusionment with a product and a brand. Although I knew that is was unlikely to see the Mac update (to finally fix save-game corruptions, a critical issues waiting since November 2013) I am back to that daily check, and starting to get disillusioned again.

The problem is not that the update is taking time coming, but simply that we have absolutely no idea when the update will happen. If Apple bounce a patch back, we know that it is likely to be at least two more weeks before the final patch lands. You can let the Mac community check daily, and take another dozen or so disappointments, or simply communicate that it is disappointing, but wait a little longer and it will all be worth it in the end. That one act of communication is a little disappointing, but also shows a little love to a neglected community (and yes, I claim waiting 13.5 months and counting for a patch released on week 1 is neglect) and saves us that death of a thousand cuts.

Communication remains BeamDog's biggest weakness here - even more than the inability to release a patch. Apple QA is beyond your control, but talking to your customers is something you can manage easily.

Instead, we rely on the rumor mill and innuendo, and can be sure to be called out for relying on it if the mill turns sour, yet it remains our only source of info.

Please @Dee, could you keep us informed of progress here, or at least of delays. There is a real fear that if the patch is not release on Mac soon, we will be waiting for the 1.4 release, as that will be easier than releasing the current patch (again) - as that seems to be the result of waiting silently.

(BTW, I am not surprised if the patch is a little more work to approve than expected, there have been two major OS X releases and at least one major iOS release since BG2EE was last put through the app store, plenty of opportunity for Apple to change the rules, requirements and test suite for software getting into the store, adding a few late and unexpected hurdles.)
  • MestarMestar Member Posts: 78
    Is there any way to trade in an App Store copy for a Steam...?
  • atakdogatakdog Member Posts: 51
    Pibaro said:

I know :( but last time it happened later. Let's hope

Edit: bad news.
    Trent Oster twitted that they had a bug, and they have to submit it again, so we need to wait no less than a couple more weeks :(

Shocked. I am truly shocked.
    Mestar said:

Is there any way to trade in an App Store copy for a Steam...?

Or for money back?

The problem is not that the update is taking time coming, ...

Considering that it's been 14 months since the App Store version has been updated, I'd say that there's a lot more than communication at issue.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    It was communicated in March last year that we would be waiting for the 1.3 release, as it was by then no longer reasonable to repackage and release 1.2 (reason was never explained - I presume the pending 1.3 patch had moved the code on too far, but why 1.2 source was no longer available I would have no idea). I suspect there was confidence in March that we were close to the 1.3 release than the 1.2 release date, already 4 months past. Unfortunately, it did not work out that way, but once the policy was committed to, it became harder and harder to reverse, for all it looked more and more preposterous (for those of us affected). Of course, we then got stuck behind the iPad release, the BGEE 1.3 release, and then Icewind Dale. Already the BeamBlog suggests resources are moving over to adventures Y and Z, which is why it would be really nice to have some restored communication assuring us the release remains in progress until it is actually delivered - otherwise I fear we may be forgotten again, and stuck behind another couple of release schedules.

I honestly believe this is not the case, but as the lack of communication continues, the fear is that this becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy as active development moves on to other products again, and waiting for Apple approval is a low-touch activity, that might drop into the background again and without regular prompting, leave us back in last March's position.
    I'm not worried about the patch (yet), but I too would welcome more communication. I'm pretty disappointed that a bug of this caliber slipped through the more than a year's worth of work that went into the 1.3 patch.
    :|