Skip to content

Making multiplayer kits

I've read several party descriptions where people have kits on their multiclass players. Can someone please explain how to create a kitted multiclass player?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There is a program called EE Keeper that you can use for this.
  • SaryfSaryf Member Posts: 2
    Thanks elminster. I started using EE keeper to make cleric/swashbuckler. Don't seem to be receiving the appropriate AC and to-hit/damage modifiers when I level up the swashbuckler.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I think you need to set the character at level 0 (and then level them up from there) in order to get all the benefits sometimes. @Troodon80 might be able to help you with what is wrong.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Saryf said:

Thanks elminster. I started using EE keeper to make cleric/swashbuckler. Don't seem to be receiving the appropriate AC and to-hit/damage modifiers when I level up the swashbuckler.

Non-standard kit and class combinations will be seen as their standard versions—in the case of Cleric/Swashbuckler, this will be Cleric/Thief. There is nothing anyone can do about that. You can, however, alter the AC and THAC0 as necessary from within Keeper.
  • RamzaRamza Member Posts: 112
    Th did this using EEKeeper with a fighter 2/shapeshifter. Before I was going to dual class, I set the "kit" dropdown to shapeshifter. I noted that before I dualled, the fighter could no longer wear armor. When I dualled to druid from within the game, the shapeshifter kit was applied normally.

I am unsure if this will work if you set the kit and then level up a few times before dual classing. I suspect the dropdown might revert back to "trueclass" if you level up when it is incorrectly set.

The alternative to add a kit to character who's already dual classed is to set the dropdown. Assign the innate abilities (there's a button at the bottom to add kit abilities) and add the effects of the kit from the effects tab (there's a button for this as well). Make sure that the level you add the innates and effects for is only the level of your thief class. You don't wanna get abilities you shouldn't have yet, it might mess something up.

I have had no issue with either method in gaining level dependent benefits from these kits.