Skip to content

New Masterwork Armour! [Big Table Included]

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
edited January 2015 in BG:EE Mods
I have developed well, 'this table':
Details: [-I was inspired from Icewind Dale's uncommon "Fine" and even rarer "Finest" Qualities of 'Default Weapons'.]
I wanted more depth within the system of the items awarded to the player and more immersion into the game world. I want more instead of just having say 'Splintmail' and 'Platemail' throughout the beginning and mostly the middle of the adventure. I wanted say finding, Splintmail x1 in Candlekeep ["My old toes.."] and maybe Battered Platemail x2 and Fine Splintmail x1 in the Friendly Arm Inn, then maybe you can plunder ancient Masterwork Splintmail from Firewine Ruins and maybe find a Fine Platemail Armour Suit on a 'recently deceased' hot-headed 'would-be-assassin' noble from Amn, or Baldur's gate maybe even Cormyr ["I've got the best prices this side of Cormyr.."].

What do you, inquisitive and talkative adventurer say to this suggestion and or proposition?
(Also: ' { } ' Denotes Baldur's Gate: [/] Tales of the Sword Coast Specific Value Modifications [From my Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd. Edition Source Material: http://www.legolas.org/items/armor.html (Accuracy?)].)
[Also: I have more 'rules' that I have developed in making this and other item quality tables ('currently' 'un-shown') if anyone is interested.. ya or na?]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Mini-Update: I plan to include New BAM files [Item Inventory Icons] for the new Item Quality Variants that are based on the original 'Default Variant(s)' plus new Icons for 'Fine' and 'Masterwork' Items crafted into +1 or '+1 Special' evolutions respectively [Maybe Just the 'New +1' BAMs would be for Items that don't have generic +1 Item Dialog / Text (e.g. Platemail +1)].)
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on
GrammarsaladWilburkensaiJuliusBorisovRAM021

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited January 2015
    Very creative! I was looking through some of your other items. I also liked the herbs and thief items.

I would love some more details on those

(Edited)
    jackjack
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited January 2015

Very creative! I was looking through some of your other items. I also liked the herbs and thief items.

I would love some more details on those

(Edited)

"I also liked the herbs and thief items." -> "I would love some more details on those"

'Herbs and Thief Items'.. Where did you find these, for I cannot remember them [off hand] (I am oh so scatter-brained at the moment right now; with just learning how to play Everquest and working out how to run / plan a business)? I think you have a better memory than I on the subject and I would love to elaborate on your request but I cannot remember where they are. Thus, kindly forum and fellow Baldur's Gate Community member, Could you please be the 'best person for the job' and point me to the subject(s) of interest so I can 'jog my memory'?:S

Thank you kindly friend for your time and bandwidth.
    It's in the link. There are sections for each
    jackjack

It's in the link. There are sections for each

http://www.legolas.org/items/herb.html - yes?
    http://www.legolas.org/items/herb.html - yes?

http://www.legolas.org/items/siege.html - Yes? (trollface:-P)
    The metal eating vial would be good for a secret area..

Also where can One find more in-depth er, 'date source' / manuals on the specifics of these items?

I would like to make these a reality to enhance the broad appeal of thieves but I don't know how these items work or what they do exactly?
    Heh, I was hoping that you would tell me! :-)
    WithinAmnesia