Skip to content

#11227 Party members should not cancel movement if they are baulked by other party members

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited January 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
1) Load attached save
2) Move your characters from their current location into the Temple of Oghma (hopefully should appear as a yellow indicator on your map).
3) Notice how one of the characters in your party (likely Wilson but I've had Yoshimo do it as well) simply stops in their place and proceeds no further. Further clicking to travel into the Temple of Oghma doesn't always help them move towards it (I've found that sometimes it will and sometimes it won't).
4) When selected all characters should proceed into the temple without permanently stopping.

Additional Information:

I've found it to be something more prevalent when you are telling your NPC's to go to another area, but that could just be bias on my part (it may be just a general moving issue).

Screenshot:

You can see this perhaps more by this screenshot. Wilson is the character at the very bottom of the screen (near Mae'var's guild) and he is refusing to move.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Are you on version 1.2 (Apple store purchase?) @elminster‌

Issue #9787 should address this in 1.3
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    No I'm playing with the Steam version in 1.3.
    edited January 2015
    Was it a new game on 1.3, or started on 1.2 @elminster‌
    Thanks

Hmm, OK I can reproduce it about 1 time in 5 with the same NPC's on a new save and it always seems to be Wilson who gets stuck so might be specific to him. Or are you getting other characters stop too?
    edited January 2015
    Once and awhile it will be other characters. Yoshimo has done it before in other areas (though to be honest I don't remember where). It might have something to do with characters differing speeds, I'm not sure.

Ohh and this is a game started in 1.3.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    It happened in my game as well frequently (Beamdog Windows version). Characters are stopping midway, usually while covering greater distances (e.g. when moving from one end of the map to another). Unfortunately it's random, but it happens more often if hasted characters are blocked for a while by slower characters.

The following issues are also somehow related to the new pathfinding routine.
    1. Characters are sometimes stuck for a moment on doorframes or sharp corners before moving on. Happens only randomly and less often than the above-mentioned issue.
    2. When two (or more?) characters happen to (partially) overlap their positions while moving, they will be blocked for a long time unless you manually attempt to unblock them. This is especially annoying if it happens during a fight. I had to repeat several battles because key characters were blocked in critical moments.

@Gate70 Should I open separate topics for them?
    elminster
  • MaxxximusMaxxximus Member Posts: 322
    Mustard jelly stucking all the time just stops while some1 moving when some1 finished his path unstuck again or stuck for any reason and only close punch after which jelly teleports a few steps ahead unstuck it again.
    argent77 said:

2. When two (or more?) characters happen to (partially) overlap their positions while moving, they will be blocked for a long time unless you manually attempt to unblock them. This is especially annoying if it happens during a fight. I had to repeat several battles because key characters were blocked in critical moments.

Hmm, possibly got that one.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38026/11100-party-members-should-not-be-baulked-by-other-party-members-when-attacking-enemies
    OK, so I just need a confirmation from the save above and I'll ticket that too.

The original issue here posted by @elminster‌ - would be good to see if there is another repro case without Wilson, I'll try and look into that.
    Thanks
    Original one tagged
    Thanks
    edited January 2015
    Gate70 said:

OK, so I just need a confirmation from the save above and I'll ticket that too.

The original issue here posted by @elminster‌ - would be good to see if there is another repro case without Wilson, I'll try and look into that.
    Thanks

@Gate70 Try this one.

Try moving the group from their current location to travel down the stairs in north-east part of the map (the stairs that lead to the rebels).

When I do it I find that Imoen will move initially but then get stuck and not move anymore.

She is wearing the boots of speed. If you remove them she (and a group of about 4 companions) will move in the direction of the stairs. So its probably the result of her differed speed.