Skip to content

What are you getting yourself for Christmas / hoping to get ?

2»

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    @demented What are you planning?
    JuliusBorisovlolienjackjack
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    A laptop able to play modern games, in anticipation of some great RPGs coming out.
    wubbleElrandirlolienTeflon
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Some knickknacks.
    jackjack
  • AdsoAdso Member Posts: 122
    edited December 2014
    meagloth said:

I want a longsword, but gosh. Money :/

What's your budget? A sharp, or training blunt?
    JuliusBorisovlolien
    @demented Looks great for the money. The FX should be great if you're doing computing work.
    dementedJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    I am thinking of getting myself a new GPU right now. Both as an upgrade and a switch from AMD to Nvidia. I want to make that change due to Ground Zeroes' AMD problems so that I don't experience them in Phantom Pain, but obviously I don't want to downgrade doing that. Also games are starting to release that push my HD 7700, though it could probably still last a year before it starts getting seriously pushed.

Anyway, I use newegg for my PC shopping. Are there by chance any other places I could better good pricing and deals at by chance? I am looking at probably getting a gtx 970, but I would like to save money on it if possible.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Well I got exactly what I wanted for christmas. Right now in Toronto its about 7 degrees Celsius, when normally this time of year it would be probably an average of about 0. Compared to this time last year the temperature is heavenly :D
    FinneousPJjackjacklolienJuliusBorisov
    @elminster You don't like snow? We finally got snow here in finland and it's great.
    jackjacklolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014

@elminster You don't like snow? We finally got snow here in finland and it's great.

Last year Toronto as hit with some pretty major power outages just before Christmas. People were left with no power for up to 8 days (5 in my case) when the temperature outside was below freezing. When the power was restored my house was down to less than 4 degrees. So I'm pretty happy with this reprieve :D
    Post edited by elminster on
    FinneousPJjackjacklolienJuliusBorisov
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    I used the present I gave myself (an angling association subscription) to go fishing on Christmas morning.

The weather was beautiful for the time of year - bright but weak sunlight took the chill off the crisp, clean air down by the river where I was accompanied only by mallards, swans and a pheasant (not on the dining table) and even the fish came out to play.

Then back home to phone Aged Mother in South Africa after lunch (her time).
    AdsoFinneousPJlolienTeflon
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    edited December 2014

<_<
    >_>

Are we in the German section? n.n Englishing it up?

*-) Ich moechte... eine... floete oder liederbuch! :3 I will make such noise. :D... In the park when no one is around. n.n

In welcher christliche Lieder möchtest du denn hören? Bsp. Hitman Blood Money

• TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    The Simpsons house 71006. Too bad It arrived today.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I got myself a motherboard and CPU...

An AMD A8 5600K 3.6GHz Quad Core to replace my old AMD Athlon II X2 250 3GHz Dual Core...

The change on going from dual core to quad core really seems to help modern games run.
    JuliusBorisovTeflon
    I ordered two Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OCs, one for me and one for my brother. Should run all games @ultra.
    JuliusBorisovTeflon