Skip to content

Is there a toned down version of Ascenscion

DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
While the new dialogues and options seem interesting the rest of the mod just seems to be overly brutal. I already have the SCS components for that which should be more reasonable at least with my setup without the spell caster and demon boost. Ascencion on the other hand seems to be downright brutal...

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I toned down the final battle a bit using Near infinity, by adjusting the final bosses hit points to their class/level and certain items. I didn't change any scripts , though.

Is that what you're looking for?
  • DarkcloudDarkcloud Member Posts: 302
    That seems like a good start but the whole mod seems like it makes all battles way harder and to an extreme level. The ones in SCS seem reasonable in comparison.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Could you specify the elements that make it insanely hard? The hell minions, the Five , the first battles?
    Well I have not tried them but all of them sound a bit extreme. How are they compared to the SCS improved versions (without smarter mages) and how hard does the combination of the improved battles from SCS with Ascension get?

Maybe I was just wrong because they sound so extreme.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I believe @Cuv plans to include a toned down version of ascension when he's finished revamping it, unfortunately last I heard it wasn't going to come out until after Adventure Y. Still from the sound of it it should be awesome when he's done.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    edited January 2015
    Stratagems(SCS) "Smarter ToB final villain" + Stratagems(SCS) Improved Fiends and/or aTweaks improved fiends might be what you are looking for.
    There is an additional parameter in the stratagems.ini to prevent the fiends from casting instantaneously.
    And in the aTweaks mod there are console options to control some features (such as gating).

Edit : without installing ascension.
    Post edited by Musigny on
    I did not know that the additional difficulties other than the final battle were optional. That helps a lot and the final battle seems to be doable with the additional help.

I will probably use Ascension in the next play through because installing it now will probably break things. Even though changing SCS components later did not do that but Ascension would be totally wrong in the install order.