Skip to content

I Need Help! BAMs are Colourless.

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
edited January 2015 in BG:EE Mods
BAMworkshop has stopped working for me and I cannot paste an item into a frame without it turning colourless after. I also tried DLTCEP and BAMworkshop II. I know something is wrong for when I paste my scimitar +1 (that I made earlier)
the blue hued blade turns grey, white and black.

If anyone can fix this then we can get some items for Baldur's Gate.

Please leave constrictive comments I do not want non-solution posts; I'm only doing this thread as a last resort after 3 hours of trouble shooting, reinstalling, and rebooting.

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    I use Near Infinity for editing BAMs. I export it to PNG, edit in photoshop and use BAM converter tool of NI to recreate a BAM again.
    WithinAmnesia
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    Pecca said:

I use Near Infinity for editing BAMs. I export it to PNG, edit in photoshop and use BAM converter tool of NI to recreate a BAM again.

I will try your method, so to be clear it is this:

Near Infinity > 'BAM Exporter' > BAM to PNG Image Exported > Exported PNG Image Edited via 'Editing Software': Saved as PNG file type > "BAM converter tool of [Near Infinity] to convert PNG in to BAM = Successful BAM Creation?

Yes, yes? or did I miss something 'along the way' hey @Pecca‌?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Also I am very curious as to what you have made for custom BAMs, if you feel comfortable to share them with myself I would love to see them AND I will never use or 're-share' them without your full sober permission. Also what tips would you give in creating new BAMs and or also do you know any other artists whom create / have crated excellent 'item dialog drawings'? I can create 'excellent' dialog drawings although I know almost no one [in personal direct contact] that 'dabbles' with this kind of work: BAMs and 'Dialog Drawings'; if you know anyone or anything around those er, 'fields' that you are willing to share I would love it greatly. I really just 'stuck my toe in these strange and unfamiliar waters' with Non-Player Character 'modding' and now Item Creation [excluding DLTCEP modding when I was 11 or 13].

Best of Intentions, Please have a great day @Pecca .
    What say you?(:-P)

Near Infinity > 'BAM Exporter' > BAM to PNG Image Exported > Exported PNG Image Edited via 'Editing Software': Saved as PNG file type > "BAM converter tool of [Near Infinity] to convert PNG in to BAM = Successful BAM Creation?

Yes, yes? or did I miss something 'along the way' hey @Pecca‌?

Pretty much this, but I do exporting BAM to PNG by selecting a BAM, clicking 'export' at the bottom and 'all frames as graphics' option.

Almost everything I've done concerning BAM modding was to create this GUI mod: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31069/gui-mod-bg2-ee-gui-in-bg-ee/p1
    I didn't create new graphics from the scratch but most of the times edited the originals.
    I also tried once to create 'item dialog drawings'. I used pencil and paper and scanned the result to my PC and adjusted it a little in photoshop. It was only a simple drawing though.

As far as I know, our best artist gather in this thread, although they mainly create portraits:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28402/custom-pc-npc-portraits/p1
    WithinAmnesia
    Pecca said:

Pretty much this, but I do exporting BAM to PNG by selecting a BAM, clicking 'export' at the bottom and 'all frames as graphics' option.

Almost everything I've done concerning BAM modding was to create this GUI mod: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31069/gui-mod-bg2-ee-gui-in-bg-ee/p1
    I didn't create new graphics from the scratch but most of the times edited the originals.
    I also tried once to create 'item dialog drawings'. I used pencil and paper and scanned the result to my PC and adjusted it a little in photoshop. It was only a simple drawing though.

As far as I know, our best artist gather in this thread, although they mainly create portraits:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28402/custom-pc-npc-portraits/p1

"Pretty much this, but I do exporting BAM to PNG by selecting a BAM, clicking 'export' at the bottom and 'all frames as graphics' option."
    -Hmmn, I will take note of that; you until today I did not know I could 'bypass' BAMworkshop and do 'the Pecca strategy'.

"I also tried once to create 'item dialog drawings'. I used pencil and paper and scanned the result to my PC and adjusted it a little in photoshop. It was only a simple drawing though.
    image"

Amazing! What stopped you from.. wait *pause, head tilt, slight smirk - grows into a smile*
    You are an 'artist' [artistically talented person] yes, yes? If so I can just look to myself to find a / 'the reason' *weird ambiguously awkward wink and over confident half-smirk* You know I used to draw far more often than I do 'now a days'.
    For Example I drew these when I was 15 or 16 years old?

I have a 'quite impressive' 'Lizard-man' that I drew when I was 10 or 11 attached as a file.

Also thanks for the 'Artist thread' I will 'check them out'; but first what do you think of my 'arts'?
    [*Who would say they suck? -Really good gauge you go there, what a way to ask a question WithinAmnesia-*]

lunar
    edited January 2015
    "I have a 'quite impressive' 'Lizard-man' that I drew when I was 14 or 15* attached as a file." [* I was thinking of another drawing :-P]
    *Does't attach file(s)*

I think that this may work?
    [Update: Yes it works':-D!'. Just click on the image thumb nail(s) to bring up a new tab with the 'Lizardman' image file(s).]
    Quite impressive indeed :). I used to draw at school in boring classes, I have much less time for that now.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Pecca said:

Quite impressive indeed :). I used to draw at school in boring classes, I have much less time for that now.

Yeah, I also have a huge array of drawings from school (mostly swords, helmets, horrible bows and daggers). Gotta try using PNG -> BAM. I was still doing PNG -> BMP -> BAM. No wonder why I failed, lol.
    CrevsDaak said:

Yeah, I also have a huge array of drawings from school (mostly swords, helmets, horrible bows and daggers). Gotta try using PNG -> BAM. I was still doing PNG -> BMP -> BAM. No wonder why I failed, lol.

"Yeah, I also have a huge array of drawings from school (mostly swords, helmets, horrible bows and daggers"

Hey, friend would feel so as to so er, 'brave' as to show some of your 'drawings of old'?
    (I Would Love To See Them:-D)
    edited January 2015
    Here's the only one I've scanned so far. Please DON'T RE-USE FOR MODDING PURPOSES (anything else is fine).

CrevsDaak said:

"Yeah, I also have a huge array of drawings from school (mostly swords, helmets, horrible bows and daggers"

Hey, friend would feel so as to so er, 'brave' as to show some of your 'drawings of old'?
    Actually it's not old... I'm still in school ;p
    edited January 2015
    CrevsDaak said:

Here's the only one I've scanned so far. Please DON'T RE-USE FOR MODDING PURPOSES (anything else is fine).

CrevsDaak said:

Actually it's not old... I'm still in school ;p
    'Cool Beans' @CrevsDaak‌ ,
    Also I don't want to abuse people's trust with their work. Here is a 'snippet' from above for clarity:
    "...if you feel comfortable to share them with myself I would love to see them AND I will never use or 're-share' them without your full sober permission."

Still in school eh? Post-Secondary or Pre-Post Secondary? [If you don't mind me asking that is?]
    Also Check-This-Out:

Still in school eh? Post-Secondary or Pre-Post Secondary? [If you don't mind me asking that is?]

Here you have 6 years of primary and 6 of secondary school. I'm in the 5th year (actually in summer holidays) of the secondary school.
    CrevsDaak said:

Here you have 6 years of primary and 6 of secondary school. I'm in the 5th year (actually in summer holidays) of the secondary school.
    So you 'graduate' upon grade 12?