Skip to content

So what do you think happened to the BGEE NPC's that you don't encounter in BG2EE?

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
I believe there was a thread like this awhile ago but its probably been archived at this point.

So what do you think the NPC's that you encounter in BGEE, but don't encounter in BG2EE, ended up doing?

In this case this would be Kivan, Yeslick, Alora, Branwen, Xan, Skie, Kagain, Shar-Teel, and Eldoth.

Comments

• dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    Wow, only Coran survives out of the returning non-party joinable NPCs in BG2. I can't believe it.

Kivan: I feel that Tazok's return should have warranted a return for him, even as non-party joinable. I can definitely see him hunting him down all the way to Amn.
    Yeslick: Rebuilding the Cloakwood Mines; trying to start a new dwarf clan.
    Alora: Becoming such a good thief that she becomes a myth in Baldur's Gate, sort of like the Gray Fox in Oblivion.
    Branwen: Returning to her homeland as a successful cleric, heads the church.
    Xan: Going on a solo mission to Icewind Dale to find Erevain, and finding some type of peace and satisfaction from doing so.
    Skie: Getting exploited by Eldoth and losing most of her wealth. She still loves him, though.
    Kagain: Trying to take over Durlag's Tower and making it his mercenary company's base.
    Shar-Teel: Marauding all over the Sword Coast, killing almost every man she sees.
    Eldoth: After wringing Skie dry, ditching her and starting the same scheme over again. Skie follows him.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Wow, only Coran survives out of the returning non-party joinable NPCs in BG2. I can't believe it.

Garrick and possibly Quayle.

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Xzar survives, for a while anyway :)
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Kivan: Robbed of the opportunity of revenge Kivan takes up with a reckless group of adventurers planning to plunder the Hells of riches. Although the ill fated journey leads to the death of his companions, Kivan bargains successfully for the soul of Tazok. The vengeful elf keeps him trapped in a hellish pendant which grants Kivan the chance to hear the half-ogre's eternal torment.

Yeslick: Finds a few remaining clan members and decides to open a new mine. Sadly, he dies several years later when his team accidently digs into an unknown underground reservoir and floods the mine.

Alora: Pens the wildly popular self help book "Happy Happy Joy Joy" but is later sued for copyright infringement and must return to her previous profession to earn a living.

Branwen: Decides to settle in Baldur's Gate where she uses her adventuring treasure to open Valkur's Strapping Buttocks, a popular tavern/temple in the docks district.

Xan: Takes up divination magics and quickly uncovers an approaching apocalypse he comes to call the Dweomerdoom, a time when magic itself will go wild and rage across the landscape. Believing the wave of destruction will engulf the whole of Faerun in a cataclysm of azure fire Xan begins a quest to alert the world of the impending disaster. Few listen to his mad ramblings, believing the tale to be too far fetched to ever become reality.

Skie: Tormented by the inevitable betrayal of Eldoth the once spoiled noble lass devotes herself to the art of killing, eventually becoming one of the most feared and well paid assassins on the Sword Coast.

Kagain: Returns to Beregost and sells his office. Finding little interest in mercenary work anymore, the dwarf returns to his first love: Acting. Kagain makes a name for himself playing mobsters and oddball characters, but never attains the level of fame he hopes for.

Shar-Teel: Finds a magical chakram and travels the Realms with a plucky young bard companion who turns Shar-Teel into an epic hero through wildly exaggerated tales of adventure. Much to the angry warrior woman's relief her friend gives the star of the story a different name, thus avoiding the potential slaughter of over enthusiastic male fans.

Eldoth: The evil bard's womanizing exploits continue for a time, but eventually his life comes to a predictable end one night behind the Elfsong tavern. Flaming Fist investigators find him face up on the cobblestones, one of his signature arrows thrust through an eye. His killer is never found.
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    Ive never had Xan in my party, but it seems that he is quite popular character, why so?)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Sleeples said:

Ive never had Xan in my party, but it seems that he is quite popular character, why so?)

It's mainly because of his "we're all doomed" personality and the look of his Moonblade. He's a great character personality-wise, very different from others.

Also, Xan is a decent mage: use Sleep, Spook, Web, Horror, Glitterdust, Slow, Skulltrap, Emotion:Hopelessness and Confusion.

With Xan you have to play smarter: not standard Magic Missile - Fireball route.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Unfortunately while adventuring round the sword coast you got them all chunked so (reluctantly) you teamed back up with the cannon party.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    edited January 2015
    My own canon, (at least until Adventure Y, which might explain why they're not there):

Kivan was killed by Tazok after saving Imoen's life from the half-ogre, but not before ensuring that the monster would die a long, horrible death due to poisoned arrows.

Branwen returned to Norheim as a powerful priest, and began to institute reforms among Tempus' clergy, though she is disliked by many of the island's men.

Shar-Teel killed her father, before traveling Faerun as a mercenary. I like to think she teamed up with Sarevok at some point.

Kagain amassed a grand fortune from Durlag's tower and retired from mercenary work.

Skie eventually got wise to Eldoth's scheme, and left him, though not before losing quite a bit of money.

Xan searches for his cousin in Icewind Dale and after finding the body returns to Evereska.

Alora gains the ire of the Shadow Thieves in Baldur's Gate and is run out of the city, but not before committing a daring string of robberies against them.

Eldoth continued in his ways for a few more years before settling in a Waterdeep tavern, where he fell madly in love with the proprietor, a very bitter woman who does not return his affections. (This one's set post TOB)