Skip to content

Khalid is now a derogatory term. (JOKE) Love him or hate him?

13»

Comments

• domeplsffsdomeplsffs Member Posts: 36

C-3PO!!!

I'm shocked that none of you has mentioned that Khalid has C-3PO's voice, performed by Star Wars' C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels.

That's why he sounds so familiar! Holly smokes! Thank you so much for enlightening me as why the hell i like him so much XD

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173

C-3PO!!!

I'm shocked that none of you has mentioned that Khalid has C-3PO's voice, performed by Star Wars' C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels.

That's why he sounds so familiar! Holly smokes! Thank you so much for enlightening me as why the hell i like him so much XD

He also seems to have C-3PO's morale.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    Love him.......does any other npc have something similar to his morale failure run off's? Give him ton's of character in my eyes. And he is an awesome fighter!
  • domeplsffsdomeplsffs Member Posts: 36
    Lindeblom said:

Love him.......does any other npc have something similar to his morale failure run off's?

Never actually checked all the NPC files, but i'm rather sure he's morale breakpoint has the highest value.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    I believe Khalid and Kagain are tied for the highest morale break (6).
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    In PnP, if you rolled a half elf with Str 15/Dex 16/Con 17/Int 15 , he'd be the coolest character you've ever had.
  • kaptkapt Member Posts: 8
    He's okay, but very annoying.
    DJKajuru said:

In PnP, if you rolled a half elf with Str 15/Dex 16/Con 17/Int 15 , he'd be the coolest character you've ever had.

Unless you called him Khalid.
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    I'd easily make it a habit of calling a character who receives a moral failure via Fear or basic moral failure a 'Khalid'.

"Your character has failed his save and is now under the effects of Fear."
    "CRAP!"
    "Way to go be a Khalid, Terrence."

I'd easily make it a habit of calling a character who receives a moral failure via Fear or basic moral failure a 'Khalid'.

"Your character has failed his save and is now under the effects of Fear."
    "CRAP!"
    "Way to go be a Khalid, Terrence."

"Watch out! The mage is casting Symbol of Khalid."
    *Ted fails a saving throw and becomes Khalidified*
    "Oh crap, he went Khalid on us!"
    "Don't worry, I have a Remove Khalidification spell memorized!"
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Pecca said:

Lindeblom said:

Love him.......does any other npc have something similar to his morale failure run off's?

Here is a list of morale breaking points of NPCs. The lower, the better:
    MINSC - 2
    AJANTIS - 2
    KIVAN - 4
    YESLICK - 4
    BRANWEN - 4
    MONTARON - 4
    SHARTEEL - 4
    ALORA - 5
    DYNAHEIR - 5
    CORAN - 5
    JAHEIRA - 5
    SAFANA - 5
    FALDORN - 5
    XAN - 5
    SKIE - 5
    XZAR - 5
    EDWIN - 5
    VICONIA - 5
    KAGAIN - 6
    TIAX - 6
    ELDOTH - 6
    QUAYLE - 6
    GARRICK - 6
    KHALID - 6
    In my experience, if your charname has a high charisma, then these scores almost never come into play.

I know that I already posted in this thread back when it was floating around a year ago, but Khalid really comes into his own at level 3 IMO. At that point, you can either give him a third point in long sword, making him arguably the best tank in the game, or give him a second point in bows, making him a decent all-around fighter/sharpshooter.

I think this thread would've been a lot funnier if Garrick had been the butt of the joke, since there is nearly unanimous agreement that he is arguably the weakest NPC in BG1.

• GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    Even with high Charisma, Khalid will turn and go "Better part of valor... BETTER PART OF VALOR!" often with low HP. That said at least he can wear Plate and use a shield to keep him safe and his HP higher up to prevent the moral check in the first place.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Yeh, none on my Khalids ever really got hit that hard, so he's just fine in my book, at least until Kagain. Of course, that's only roughly two areas, but...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited January 2015
    Edit: Woops I got beaten to the punch apparently :)
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Khalid as a fighter/mage is a nice option. This is still available in the G3 tweak pack.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    You know, I remember Khalid having morale failures when I was a kid, but it hasn't happened once for me in the enhanced editions, and I tend to use him a lot. Maybe it's because I tend to have a high charisma on my main character?

I do love the guy, though. He hits like a wet noodle until you get the Gauntlets of Ogre Power, but he's a fantastic meat shield.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I don't use him that much, so haven't really experienced his morale failures. I was more annoyed on Jaheira as I can't stand her personality, so I usually let both of them go (or sometimes die). Leaving annoying NPC's in stoneform gives a weird sense of gratification, if I am in that mode.
    Skatan said:

I don't use him that much, so haven't really experienced his morale failures. I was more annoyed on Jaheira as I can't stand her personality, so I usually let both of them go (or sometimes die). Leaving annoying NPC's in stoneform gives a weird sense of gratification, if I am in that mode.

I would use both of them more often if they didn't come together. I've never had a problem with Jaheira to be honest. I always take her in BG2 too (that sound weird :) ).
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited January 2015
    Wilbur said:

I would use both of them more often if they didn't come together.

You know it's not your fault if Khalid wakes up from a nightmare, after peeing khalidifying in his pants and runs straight into a mob of deceased gibberlings and dies horrifically before the rest of the group awakes and rescues him, do you? ;)
    Wilbur said:

I always take her in BG2 too (that sound weird :) ).

You go, dawg!