Skip to content

Cheesing Drizzt tip

Hey. I've been lurking these forums (and other BG forums) for a few years now. Just picked up BG1 again, Enhanced Edition of course. As I'm playing a swashbuckler, dual-wielding is important, and I need good weapons. Of course Drizzt is immediately on my mind.

As I'm impatient, I tried to find ways to kill him as early as possible. With lacking results, I grew weary, and my finger accidentally clicked the "Talk"-button instead of the "Attack"-button. Turns out that he wont fight the gnolls if you keep talking to him. He'll just stand there and stare at you, getting mauled by gnolls (Well, it takes a while, so no actual mauling).

Pretty decent way to cheese him. As my party has a good alignment, killing him would kinda suck for my reputation. Just let the gnolls do it, dont bother with any other technique, just let the gnolls kill him while you casually chat with him. Of course, if you're not a complete scumbag like me, you should just put up an honorable fight (or pickpocket him).

Not sure if this is a bug. If so, feel free to inform me. Also, first post on the forum, despite years of lurking. Yay. If I've done anything wrong with my post, please inform me :)

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Hello, @Arbalah‌ and welcome to the forum! Nice to see you've quit lurking and have finally come here.

As for the post, nothing is wrong here : ) Just another 100+ post about killing Drizzt that is very much allright on any BG forum, and this forum in particular : D

I personally thought that the fake-talk strategy was nurfed in BGEE.

Just a mention though, with the 1.3 patch you can't pickpocket scimitars from Drizzt.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Just wait until Malchor Harpell catches up with you. Then you'll be sorry for your evil ways! ;)
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    And welcome to the daylight side of the forum!
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    On a swashbuckler it's easy to put all your level 1 points into Set Traps. Then set 7 traps all together (I like the bend in the lake just NNE of drizzt to keep them away from annoying trash).

Then attack and pull drizzt into them. 8/10 times this will kill him straight up for lots of xp and those tasty weapons.

As for the rep loss, you did want horror as a bhaalspawn power anyway, right?
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    All you really need is a ranged weapon and ton of ammunition. You can come straight out of Candlekeep and kill Drizzt because of his very strange combat script. When you approach him make sure that none of your characters get too close to him just get close enough so that you can actually see him, and shoot arrows/bolts/bullets at him. As long as there are any gnolls behind him in the blackness of the fog of war he will not attack you, although he will cast some spells at you but that's all.
  • ArbalahArbalah Member Posts: 3
    bengoshi said:

Hello, @Arbalah‌ and welcome to the forum! Nice to see you've quit lurking and have finally come here.

As for the post, nothing is wrong here : ) Just another 100+ post about killing Drizzt that is very much allright on any BG forum, and this forum in particular : D

I personally thought that the fake-talk strategy was nurfed in BGEE.

Just a mention though, with the 1.3 patch you can't pickpocket scimitars from Drizzt.

I knew I was naive in thinking that I've discovered something new in a game released 17 years ago...

I also knew I should have checked patch notices before investing 100+ points in pickpocketing...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Ao^
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    If you aren't using Werebears, then you aren't killing Drizzt legit...