Skip to content

Plants VS Zombies! For Free? Is it real?

Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
edited May 2014 in Off-Topic
Hey! Everyone who is into funny gaming, should have heard about, or played through, an odd, quality title, called: "Plants VS Zombies". A tower defense, strategy game, which had been released in 2012. Too fun for anyone's standard, you were in for hearty laughs, smiles and gigles, every minute of gameplay! The developers were full of inspiration and talent.

Then, EA happened. Bought them off. Turned game into a franchise. Made it exclusive to consoles and new mobile systems that are crossbreeds between pc and mobile. And worst of all, turned its latest sequel, into a micro transaction, pay to win, sitty, online game wannabe (even though it begun its life as a pc title, buy once, get the whole package thingy).

Anyway, now, EA is giving it out for free, on Origin, which you can download for free. Until 28 of MAY. At least it is the Game of The Year Edition! And the game developed by the original developers, BEFORE E.A. had to cash in and ruin everything... Or else i wouldn't touch anything off of EA, even as gift.
jackjackJuliusBorisovTeflonelminsterBlackraven

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    It's true. I got Origin so I could play Spore with my nephew. Hadn't used it for a while, but just moments ago I launched, signed in, and was offered Plants vs Zombies for free.
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Does that game supports xbox360 contoller on PC? Looks interesting.
    Demonoid_Limewire
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    Not sure, I was too was shocked when I got that freebie (though I hated wow, in one of the areas from the undead, there was a P vs Z mini-game and I liked it, so I jumped at the chance. got another freebie the other day that shocked me as well(what's with all the freebies lately) from google apps. almost the entire angry birds collection other than the latest one which can only played on Facebook, which I won't touch with a 10-foot banana. Damn that game's more addictive than I ever imagined lol.
    Teflon
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    This game is a masterpiece. If 2 was on pc too, and it did not have a game shops (even worse, a pay to win one...), i would have bought it. But it is EA dear, so we have to faq off... And lay the damn thing down.

Still, i cannot understand why or how, popcap sold itself to those fools...
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    For $650 million in cash (on top of 100 million in shares/options) I can see why they sold.
    jackjackDemonoid_LimewireTeflonCrevsDaak
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    GOD DAMNIT TOO LATE
    Teflon
  • RenTheBhaalSpawnRenTheBhaalSpawn Member Posts: 3
    Origins doing this new "on the house" thing when they give games for free I got dead space free from them a few weeks ago.
    elminster
  • zombieFONSzombieFONS Member Posts: 3
    I have mixed feelings regarding this one. Been having a hard time using Origin even before. So now PVZ is powered by Origin huh? But I wanna play it too because I loved the first one and wouldn't hurt to try this one as well. What do you guys think?
    Also, i love zombie games so if you guys can suggest to me other zombie games, that'd be nice. Any platform is welcomed tho. thanks
  • GoldenBoyGoldenBoy Member Posts: 3
    Hmm. As a zombie fan myself, I'd suggest you try Tapslayer: Alice in zombieland. Got really cool weapons and you could upgrade them too. :wink:
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited December 2014

Also, i love zombie games so if you guys can suggest to me other zombie games, that'd be nice. Any platform is welcomed tho. thanks

@zombieFONS, if you are here, you probably like RPGs and you like zombies too, so why not an RPG with zombies in it ?
    Post edited by Erg on
  • TheElfTheElf Member Posts: 798
    edited December 2014

I, zombie is a fun cheap game too.

Went looking for it only to realize how old this thread is. :(
    TheElf said:

I, zombie is a fun cheap game too.

Went looking for it only to realize how old this thread is. :(
    Yeah i just came across this thread when i was in search of a good zombie game. And i found one. Tapslayer: Alice in zombieland. Been quite addicted to it for months. you should try it too
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    i enjoy this game entirely too much
    simples said:

i enjoy this game entirely too much

Any thoughts on Tapslayer: Alice in Zombieland? I think it's a pretty kick-ass zombie game! :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Thread necromancy performed on a zombie thread.... A perfect match :)
    JuliusBorisov
    mlnevese said:

Thread necromancy performed on a zombie thread.... A perfect match :)

That sounds so...dark. Hahaha. But hey, zombies. Can't go wrong with em. Haha!