Skip to content

Which BG2EE mods for a first time modder?

SBOG4215SBOG4215 Member Posts: 8
Hey guys,

Long time BG2 fan here. I've played through the game countless times start to finish, but never with mods. I feel like I'm due for another run, and I've been eyeing the BG2 compatible list for some time now!

I'm really hoping to relive the story and memories of the original, but with new content to keep it fresh. I'm OK with any mod (NPCs, new kits, kit re-balancing, banter, tweaks, item packs, whatever) so long as it:
1) Blends smoothly into the vanilla content
2) Enhances the experience (or difficulty if in a "this is how it should be" way; SCS seems a good choice here)
3) Is balanced (exp, gold, and items!!). This last one is really important to me.

Any suggestions for entire mods (or specific components) is welcome and much appreciated! =)
wubble

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Ascension comes to mind, it provides a challenge and does fill some plot holes in ToB.
    Bg2 tweaks rebalances much of the game but to get a proper description you'd have to look it up (also it's entirely compatible as it was made by one of the devs @CamDawg‌
    Never used them but Unfinished business and the never ending journey come highly recommended.
    JuliusBorisov
  • SBOG4215SBOG4215 Member Posts: 8
    wubble said:

Ascension comes to mind, it provides a challenge and does fill some plot holes in ToB.
    Bg2 tweaks rebalances much of the game but to get a proper description you'd have to look it up (also it's entirely compatible as it was made by one of the devs @CamDawg‌
    Never used them but Unfinished business and the never ending journey come highly recommended.

Thanks for the response! Definitely have Ascension in mind but wasn't sure if it is EE compatible yet. Will look into the others =)
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    Sword coast stratagems!!!
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    SBOG4215 said:

wubble said:

Thanks for the response! Definitely have Ascension in mind but wasn't sure if it is EE compatible yet. Will look into the others =)
    This thread will tell you how to get ascension working.
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23076/state-of-ascension/p1
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    wubbleJuliusBorisov
  • brunardobrunardo Member Posts: 526
    tried getting NEJ working and wouldnt go, dont think its BG2EE compatible
  • st_live418st_live418 Member Posts: 41
    Rogue Rebalancing remains one of my favorite mods I've used.

And while I haven't gotten TOO far into the this play through, I'm trying out aTweaks and have been very happy with what it does as far as making the game more interesting. Some enemies that used to just be annoyances can now pose a threat (my favorite bit).

I'm also giving the Nalia Romance a try because I like her character.
    JuliusBorisov