Skip to content

IWD items in BG, BG spells in IWD, etc.

There's a question I've been thinking about for a long time now. Finally I have to voice it.

If you could take one item from each Infinity Engine game and bring it to one of the others, what would it be?

For BG2, I'd take BG1's Cloak of Balduran, IWD's Helm of the Trusted Defender, and IWD2's Big Death.
For BG1: BG2-style Wand of Lightning, Messenger of Sseth, and Phantom Staff +5.
For IWD: Celestial Fury, Golden Heart of Charname.
For IWD2: Tome of Understanding, Eidon's Ring of Wizardry, Robe of Vecna.

What about for spells?

BG1: Lance of Disruption, Spook, Summon Monster I (IWD2)
BG2: Dimension Door (BG1), Lance of Disruption, Mordenkainen's Sword (IWD2)
IWD: Dimension Door (BG1), Teleport Field, Summon Monster IX
IWD2: Dimension Door (BG1), Teleport Field, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful (IWD)

What do you think?

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It would be cool to get all of the IWDEE Druid spells in BGEE and BG2EE.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    Is it likely to happen? Because it would be awesome if it did
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Flashburn: I've tried it. It's good. But there are so many cool things left.

I once added IWD-style Haste, Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, and Unfailing Endurance, and the result was wildly overpowered, since Haste in IWD (maybe IWD:EE) doubles APR rather than adds one, and also doubles bard songs and lets you cast two spells and use two potions per round, although I could only mod the first thing. You can actually get a party of gnomish Cleric/Illusionists up to 10 APR in vanilla IWD, and if they use the Helm of the Trusted Defender, they're immune to the fatigue effects that normally cripple the utility of those spells.

I remember reading a walkthrough of IWD, saying that gnomes were worthless. Sometimes people form opinions on things they don't fully understand.
    edited February 2015
    Flashburn said:

Sounds like what you need is the IWDification mod! It adds arcane and divine spells from IWD, adds IWD bard songs to true-class bards, and magical two-handed axes.

http://www.gibberlings3.net/iwdification/

Sounds awesome! But all of the download links for it on Gibberlings 3 seem to be dead, at least on my computer D:
    Perhaps @CamDawg or @CrevsDaak can be of help?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Head to any link from here. http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads
    I'm too sleepy to even remember in which category IWDification was on...

I remember reading a walkthrough of IWD, saying that gnomes were worthless. Sometimes people form opinions on things they don't fully understand.

Nobody really pays attention to gnomes until you do some maths and realize:
    They've got bloody good saving throw bonuses
    Cleric/Illusionist means all the spells plus a few more
    Better F/M (F/Illusionist in this case) than any elf or half-elf
    They are dem awezum
    And their penalty is to WIS, which means it's the least-affecting penalty for all the races
    Thanks, I got it! Now it's installed on BGEE and BG2EE :D
    jackjack said:

Thanks, I got it! Now it's installed on BGEE and BG2EE :D

Your welcome! Now we only need SCS mages to use IwD spell *grins*