Skip to content

How big a part does gaming play in your life? A poll about gaming habits

2»

Comments

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Gaming is definitely one of my favorite hobbies, but I think I could do without if I had to. Sports and music (mainly playing guitar and singing) are vital for me.
    lolienJuliusBorisovjackjackthe_spyder
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Playing a game helps me clear my mind and refocused me go do other tasks.

When I was in school, I'd take the time to play an hour to 90 minutes on timed games (PVP arena or sports games) so I would get too immersed in the story or playing. This allowed me to focus on one thing when I was done playing such as a project or written assignment. It also helped with stress as I was taking time for myself.

I can also be a binge gamer and I am doing it now with the dragon age series, but it is rare I do that.
    WilburlolienJuliusBorisovwubble
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    I used to be hardcore, but I find myself now switching to other things in order to have a bit of variety in my life. Sometimes I may not play for several days, then I'll sit down and do nothing but. Right now I'm a game mode, playing Fallout New Vegas. I was at it pretty much the whole day today. Tomorrow, who knows. I have a few videos back logged, as well as an ebook.
    Teflon
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Maybe not as much as I used to, but I still find myself reading about/listening about/playing games almost every day.
    jackjacklolienCrevsDaak
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    edited February 2015

DJKajuru said:

But I do save most of my weekends for dating and social life.

But that's what Jaheira, Aerie and Viconia are for!
    I gotta say that my relationships have also affected the in-game relatioships! I mean, it's not easy to put up with Aerie if you don't know what is to be in love IRL .
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited February 2015
    DJKajuru said:

I gotta say that my relationships have also affected the in-game relatioships! I mean, it's not easy to put up with Aerie if you don't know what is to be in love IRL .

Wouldn't be very good if it were otherwise - if you treat real-life partners with behaviour learned from experience with a computer game character - even if it's the best computergame ever.

jackjackCrevsDaaklolien
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    When I was married, I found that my gaming time went down significantly, and I really didn't mind. Now that I am single again, I'm back in the game a bit. But all it takes is the next potential missus and I'll probably throttle back again.
    CrevsDaaklolienJuliusBorisov