Skip to content

#11610 Clerics dual classing to mage should not be granted weapon proficiencies they cannot allocate

AzaloomAzaloom Member Posts: 56
edited February 2015 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
Can't level up with my main char (Dyna). You'd have to add a proficiency point, but there is nowhere to add it. I'm running latest game version via Beamdog (Win 8.1 x64) with Sword Coast Stratagems installed. I believe the latter is v27. Could someone try out the save with un-modded game?
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    @Azaloom I can reproduce the same issue on a clean game installation as well. A mage should be able to put proficiency points into four different weapon classes (daggers, quarterstaves, darts and slings). In your case only two options are available (most likely because clerics are restricted to blunt weapons). I have fixed your save by leveling up and putting the proficiency point into daggers.

@Gate70 This is most likely a bug. A character should be able to put proficiency points into daggers and darts as long as the cleric class is inactive.

To reproduce:
    1. Create a human cleric with sufficiently high stats to dual into a mage
    2. Dual-class into a mage at cleric level 12 or higher
    3. Level up until reaching mage level 12 to trigger this issue
  • AzaloomAzaloom Member Posts: 56
    edited February 2015
    A mighty thank you! Though since posting I have done a fair amount of playing. Could you kindly download my newest game save here and do the same thing, or instruct me how to do it myself? I prefer the point in daggers over darts. Many thanks!

edit: Btw as a bug this is quite considerable, pretty much major for anyone going down same route.
  • AzaloomAzaloom Member Posts: 56
    New game save.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    Here you go.

It must have been introduced by the latest patch. I don't remember having this issue before.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited February 2015
    Tagged. & moved to BGII:EE forum.
    Thanks
  • purple_martypurple_marty Member Posts: 1
    Well... this is pretty major. I dual classed a cleric to mage at level 15 and now am stuck... can I workaround by not leveling up until I have enough XP for level 16 (so cleric proficiencies will activate)?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Quick test from the console indicates that will work @purple_marty
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    edited December 2015
    I have tested this a little. It ended with me having to give access to weapon styles for mages in order to be able to allocate points and thus finish the level up-process.
    It works fine as it is as long as you dual class to mage from Cleric no level higher than 11, but since I want to play my Cleric to at least level 15 before I dual-class I had to make my changes to weapprof.2da in order to be able to level up properly in the mage class.
    And to be honest, I cannot see any good reason why mages shouldn't be able to put points in weapon styles anyway - except for "it just happens to be so". :wink: