Skip to content

Has anyone ever skipped Sahuagin City?

So here's the thing. My Evil!Charname just destroyed Irenicus (or he was GOING TO before the slimy mage ran away), and he needs to find a way outta Spellhold when low and behold, good ol' Saemon Havarian shows up. He offers the party a ride on his boat, and explains that there's also a portal somewhere that likely leads to the Underdark which I could take as well.

Now I already know that Saemon Havarian is a treacherous b-word who's about to set me up big-time if I take a go with him on the ship. And although my Evil!Charname doesn't have the meta-game knowledge that I do, he's already been crossed by Saemon once, and he's not stupid enough to throw his life and his party's lives in with a proven traitor. So my Evil!Charname kindly gives Saemon the finger and decides to take the portal to the Underdark. (After throwing some spells at him before he teleports away. Darn it!)

Mind you, the power-gamer in me always goes with Saemon anyway because that leads into Sahuagin City and an awesome storyline and a nice chunk of experience, buuuuut... This time I just couldn't justify it. And since I almost always go with Saemon anyway, I had no idea that by refusing his offer, I have entirely skipped all of Sahuagin City and delved straight into the Underdark quests. Oops.

Too late now! I've already overwritten my save file. (I should really learn to back up these things. :/ ) But it got me thinking, has anyone else made this decision before? With or without knowing what would happen?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Eh? Can't you still go there anyway? Or is it a different fishman city you can go to via the Underdark story line? When you need to get the fancypants blood for the ritual thing in Drowington DC, one of the types you can get is from fishman city iirc.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I skipped it once years ago. In fact, I think the very first time I played I took the portal because I didn't trust the jerk. At the time I had no idea I was missing out on anything.

I know some people are against using console commands, but if you can come up with an RP reason why your character might have trusted Saemon then I think it would be fair to just hop your characters directly to the city since you no longer have an older save to work with. That way you won't miss out on the XP and loot. Then again, it might worth it to lose the XP for a chance to tell that lying weasel where to go. :)
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Rationale behind that option:
    -Story (slightly delirious, Walking sushis, Chat with the Beholder, Kill a so-called god, Chapter 5/6 Githyanki encounters)
    -XP (I don't know how much)
    -Weapons (wave blade if you're mad about halberds, silver sword, gauntlets of crushing for monks (is this still availaible ?)
    -and if you want to be a god before your time : the shameful cloak of ultra cheese.
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    SionIV said:

jscohen said:

It happened that I accepted Saemon's offer the first time I played the game, and I liked the Sahuagin City so much that I've never even thought of skipping it on subsequent playthroughs. It's seriously one of my favorite areas in the whole game.

Yes compared to the rest of the game it's very much different, the water and the environment is unique and so are the enemies you face. The riddle is also quite fun and you do get some neat gear. Last but not least it's one of the few places where you can chose side, one of two evil sides depending on how you look at it.

It is also one of the few places that you can choose door 3 and just destroy everyone in the entire area without ruining your reputation and rid the world of both evils in the process!
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    I've skipped the Sahuagin City a couple of times. Now, have I ever regretted skipping it? Nope. Not really.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    AHF said:

It is also one of the few places that you can choose door 3 and just destroy everyone in the entire area without ruining your reputation and rid the world of both evils in the process!

This is an excellent point. Who doesn't like going around slaughtering EVERYTHING? Those who're with you, those who're against you, and heck, those who're just watching, too! Lovely.
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    I used to follow Saemon because I wanted do everything in the game but now I do it so I not only feel justified but laugh hysterically while writing his name in the black book during Dorn's TOB quest.