Skip to content

Character Mods

Hello guys,
I'm somewhat kinda new to the modding game. However, I have made a few character mods for Baldur's Gate 2. I suggested the idea and somebody responded that with the amount of them out, they'd want something new.
So, does anybody have an idea for a character that I could make that would have something unique about them?
Elrandirlolien

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited February 2015
    A witty sarcastic toff that comes up with fantastic put downs for others but isn't really liked by anyone because he's a bit of a knobhead.
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Mobius572 If you're looking for NPC ideas, look here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31340/mod-npc-idea-s-feel-free-to-add-your-own#latest

@Elrandir and others have gathered a lot of ideas in that thread
    ElrandirlolienCrevsDaak
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @wubble So we're talking Arnold Rimmer classed as a jester?
    wubbleJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    Elrandir said:

@wubble So we're talking Arnold Rimmer classed as a jester?

Yep, he'd have to have really low ability scores as well to make sure he's truly the scum of the universe.
    ElrandirJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @wubble Something along these lines, perhaps?

STR: 8
    DEX: 15 (he's good at running away)
    CON: 7
    INT: 9 (he can read, after all)
    WIS: 6
    CHA: 5
    wubbleJuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    Elrandir said:

@wubble Something along these lines, perhaps?

STR: 8
    DEX: 15 (he's good at running away)
    CON: 7
    INT: 9 (he can read, after all)
    WIS: 6
    CHA: 5

@Elrandir I'm not sure his dexterity should be that high, he's good at deciding to run away but not actually good at running, in series 1 we see that he passes out after a hundred metres when controlled by queeg.
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    It would be nice having an NPC that uses one of the more rare kits and classes.

Beast Master
    Wizard Slayer
    Priest of Talos
    Barbarian

The Beast Master could be someone that has a special ability that lets him summon a brown bear, which would later improve with his level and end up with two polar bears or even another animal. Could have banter with Jaheira and the shadow druids in BG1, the entire druid grove could have many nice banters and the beast master slaver in cooper coronet.

The Wizard Slayer could be something unique like an female elf, a nice background story to how an elf makes the choice to become a Wizard Slayer. She could have some banters with mages, especially Xan and Irenicus would be a perfect plot for her to follow you through Baldur's Gate 2.

Priest of Talos would be awesome, especially in Baldur's Gate 2 if you make a quest and/or banter with them and the Priests at the temple of Talos in Temple District. Umberlee also happens to be following Talos orders, so could have some banter with Tanya in BG1 and the umberlee priests at their own temple in Baldur's Gate.

A human barbarian from Icewind Dale would be great. We have most of the back story from HoW so shouldn't be too much of a problem to model him after one of the IWD Barbarians.
    JuliusBorisovlolienCrevsDaak
    @wubble Hence the 7 CON. =p
    wubbleCrevsDaak
    @Elrandir Stop this madness! You're seriously close to making me abandon my shapeshifter in ulgoth's beard and create Goalpost head.
    ElrandirCrevsDaakjobby
    @wubble Do iiiiiit. In fact. Make two characters. Rimmer and Ace. Ace is obviously a fighter/mage/thief with 20 in every stat.
    CrevsDaak
    Elrandir said:

@wubble Do iiiiiit. In fact. Make two characters. Rimmer and Ace. Ace is obviously a fighter/mage/thief with 20 in every stat.

@Elrandir AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!

must...

resist......

so...

tempting....
    ElrandirCrevsDaak
    That'll teach me to fanny about on bg; missed my bloody train
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Sorry! Good work, though!
    wubbleCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    Don't worry i got the next on the same tixket
    ElrandirCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    edited February 2015
    Y'know, for an IWD:EE party, you could have those two, along with Dave, Kryton, Cat, and Kachansky.

Edit: Sorry for horribly derailing this thread Mobius!
    wubbleCrevsDaakjobbyJuliusBorisov
    I'd probably go for Holly over kochanski. or a skutter.

I'm also sorry for the thread derailment.
    ElrandirCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
    If you were RP-ing, you could just say that Holly is a dead spirit that follows them around and gives them semi-useful advice. A skutter would be someone's familiar.
    wubbleCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    An NPC that was also once a prisoner of Irenicus. Not a Bhaalspawn but possibly having some other type of unique power that Jon was trying to steal but never got around to doing it because the PC. Maybe he or she was disfigured from the Experiments and now looks like a freaky hunchback that has several innate abilities.
    icehawk51289
  • MeaninglessMeaningless Member Posts: 51
    edited February 2015
    Mobius572 said:

I have made a few character mods for Baldur's Gate 2... ... with the amount of them out, they'd want something new.

Sorry didn't read the entire thread. But I think the overall content and quality of it is what defines, for NPCs at least.

Minsc, Jaheira, Jan Jansen.. they're examples of exceptional NPCs due to the personality imprint they pass on, so IMO thats what you should aim for in an NPC, for it not to be forgot among all the others (yes being a brilliant "BG style writer" does matter a lot too, I guess)

Of course NPC could have distinct traits.. like talking frantically (overhead dialog and shouts) with other NPCs amidst battles, or mumbling to him/herself from time to time based on the eviroment around (like messing with people that passes by, or being scared of forests specially at night).

If you've previously made characters for the game, take upon those again and add more lines, change, improve their personality, its better to have a few quality NPCs laying around, than a bunch of shallow ones that make me stick to Minsc and Jaheira once more!

Hope it helped a bit!
  • icehawk51289icehawk51289 Member Posts: 8
    How about a tiefling ninja (NG fighter/thief multiclass) with red hair and black skin who has a thing for Imoen? He could know her from when the two of you weren't travelling together, and once he sees that she's missing he joins with you to find her. He'd be a bit of a pushy bastard when it comes to getting on with the main plot, but would be valuable thief that the player could (gasp) upgrade skills to him/herself, and the plot device with Imoen could be super adorable (possibly even involving a sidequest that helps him earn her hand, such as saving him from a demi-plane after he sacrifices himself to save her from...something).

Suggested stats Str 17, Dex 19, Con 13, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 8, with starting mastery in Katana and single weapon style, possibly special gear. Tell me what you think please! First post! :smiley:
    Noobacca