Skip to content

Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 1.3 Release

Comments

• GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    And I am installing it now. Many thanks to Beamdog for sticking through with this!
    AdulJuliusBorisovjackjackkaguana
  • mormegil27mormegil27 Member Posts: 27
    Yup, released.

Figures, I have to work the next 48 hours. Oh well, will get to it on the weekend. Beamdog finally broke Apple.
    JuliusBorisovjackjack
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    Well does that mean it's still not through for the Mac OS X App Store, or is it just still uploading to my local store? :neutral:
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    Sadly, there's nothing in the OSX App Store yet. So, no rejoicing for me.
    Mestarjackjacklolien
  • MestarMestar Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2015
    IT HAS ARRIVED:

Edit: Image didn't attach
  • DavidManDavidMan Member Posts: 1
    I've came here, cause I'm very disappointed. I have purchased BG2 paying 19.99D in App Store. Download was really slow, and I've played just two days and Itunes Store generated automatically another download of the same game. I don't wanna actualizations for playing the game in german, I just wanna play. Stop auto downloads and let me play alone. I have payed for that.

Honestly, Im very upset. How can be possible to purchase a 2gb game and then, a few days more, an autoactualization of 1,3GB??? for installing in german??? This is not an actualization, this is a 30% of the game selling later.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I don't think that is the magic spell - I used up 3 annual vacations waiting for this release! But did get in a lot of snorkeling :)
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaakjackjack
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2015
    Folks is patch for PC version released? dont have acces to steam atm.. laptop is in workshop atm
    Post edited by Sleeples on
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @Sleeples Patch for PC Version has been released for months now. The PC and Mac Versions of the patch always come out first.

The PC and Mac Versions of the patch always come out first.

Don't let the Mac App store customers hear you saying that ;) Mac usually ships the same time as PC through other app stores though. New platforms seem to get their own release cycle - for a long time the iOS version was its own distinct patch level. It looks like they try to release the same patch across all (existing) platforms at the same time now though, subject to various app store delays.
    rede9
  • SleeplesSleeples Member Posts: 18
    ok tnx fellas need will install asap
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited March 2015
    Is it possible to release an all-in-one installer (on GOG,...) without patching?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @rede9 I doubt that it is. The game and patch release on GOG falls under the gog.com rules and their current rules are as they are. I guess Beamdog has no influence on it.
    rede9
  • EttercowEttercow Member Posts: 13
    Did I hear this correctly? There is going to be a 1.4 windows patch for BG2EE coming out?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Ettercow There have been no news about the 1.4 patch for BG2EE. Now when the patch for IWDEE is out, the focus, how I understand it from several comments by the Devs on the forum, is rather on patching BGEE, not BG2EE. At least so that BGEE would have all the tweaks from the 1.3 patch for BG2EE.
    lolienrede9
    That would be unfortunate, as BG2EE 1.3 introduced a small number of irritating bugs (such as expiring missile weapons leaving a high melee attacks/round, and the loss of strength bonus on thrown weapons) while BGEE is a strong and stable release. We still need bug fixes more than new features, and going to the back of the queue again, after waiting so long for a patch that was released without the usual 'Road to...' QA process that would have (likely) revealed these issues, makes BG2EE feel like the red headed step-child once again. It would be really nice to get a 'good' release of BG2EE before the focus moves away.

That said, I presume the current focus is Adventure Y, rather than BGEE 1.4, which puts the solid BG2 release even further back again...

(don't mean to sound ungrateful! BG2EE 1.3 is much more robust than the pre-1.2 release which is all I had access to until last month)
  • BlashBlash Member Posts: 248
    Italian translation is not far from being complete: @Dee, would you mind coordinating with the translation team to make so it is included with the next patch (and not with the one after the next)?
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I recall seeing the solution to this on the forum before, possibly even this thread, but perhaps somebody can tell me...

How do you disable the hit-points displayed on character portraits? It was a new feature of BG2:EE v1.3. I can see that it's a handy feature, but aesthetically I prefer to have a slightly cleaner portrait.
  • superfly86superfly86 Member Posts: 31
    Please consider support more localisations for BG2EE, e.g. polish. Polish Team vanished, so maybe the better way is to hire a localisation team to do this faster and better ? I paid for a game which is unfinished in case of localisation...
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550

Please consider support more localisations for BG2EE, e.g. polish. Polish Team vanished

Actually, @Cahir seems pretty active to me...
  • superfly86superfly86 Member Posts: 31
    Ok but they are volunteers, do that for free in their free time. I paid for product which isn't complete. Beamdog should pay for professional interpreters and support foreign localizations which is normal in a multilanguage game. 2nd thing is that BG2 was released almost 2 years ago and what..still nothing. This is not the way business should be made...
    Daevelon