Skip to content

Fun stuff to do in Vancouver?

TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
edited February 2015 in Off-Topic
I've got a question for any Vancouverites (or really anyone with knowledge of the city) lurking in the forum. My girlfriend and I will be in Vancouver for a week starting this Sunday, and I'm wondering if any one has some suggestions on some interesting things to do while we're there? Right now I think we've planned to see/go to: Stanley Park, Grousse Mountain, Queen Elizabeth Park, Granville Island, and Capilano suspension bridge. So I guess we've got a fair bit planned already, but I thought I'd check if there are any other "must see" places we should go to. Also, most of the stuff we've planned is during the day, so I'd be interested in suggestions for nightlife-type stuff. We're not really club-goers, but maybe some cool bars/pubs or something, especially if they have live entertainment. Or even just good restaurants to eat at. We're staying in the Commercial Drive area.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I've been to Stanley Park. Its pretty nice. Past that though I couldn't help you.
    TJ_Hooker
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    You can take in a Wild - Canuck game on Monday night.

Two tickets for $145.
    TJ_Hookerelminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    deltago said:

Two tickets for $145.

Hehe...in Toronto for that price you would only be able to get 2 tickets in standing row. :p
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Well as no one have mentioned it yet, you could play BG:EE, BGII:EE or IWD:EE on your Ipad! Now you're able to play your favorite games even in Vancouver!
    wubbleCrevsDaak[Deleted User]
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    elminster said:

I've been to Stanley Park. Its pretty nice. Past that though I couldn't help you.

Yeah, I think I may have actually been there myself when I went to Vancouver with my family. But that was so long ago I don't really remember anything. But yeah, Stanley Park should be fun.
    deltago said:

Two tickets for $145.

Thanks, but my neither my girlfriend nor I are big hockey fans (or sports fans in general). I know, I know, I'm a terrible Canadian.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    TJ_Hooker said:

Thanks, but my neither my girlfriend nor I are big hockey fans (or sports fans in general). I know, I know, I'm a terrible Canadian.

Hey, I'm a Canadian too and I'm not crazy about hockey either. It doesn't necessarily go with the territory. Hell, I even come from the same home town as Wayne Gretsky.

SionIVelminsterMoradinTJ_Hooker
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I'm english and I detest football. I'm also bored by cricket unless it's a nice day and we're dossing about. I have a lot of respect for rugby though, unfortunately nine stone computer nerds aren't too good at full contact sports. I think I'll stick to mountain biking.
    SionIVJLeeCrevsDaakTJ_Hooker
  • MoradinMoradin Member Posts: 372
    edited February 2015
    Belanos said:

TJ_Hooker said:

Hey, I'm a Canadian too and I'm not crazy about hockey either. It doesn't necessarily go with the territory. Hell, I even come from the same home town as Wayne Gretsky.

Three's the charm. I'm from Montreal and prefer football.
    @TJ_Hooker: I've never been to Vancouver, though I've been told it's a lovely city. If I were there though, I would like to go check the island on which "Harper's Island" was shot. I believe it's called Bowen Island, just off shore Vancouver IIRC. Might be chilly this time of the year though...

TJ_HookerGozeta
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Horseshoe Bay is closeby. Really pretty waterfront, and home to one of the best places for fish and chips: Trolls! :)
    elminsterTJ_Hooker