Skip to content

Clubbing, I guess?

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
This discussion was created from comments split from: Gaming and getting older..

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664

Aw, bless, you're all so wee (Scottish for little) When BG first came out I was around Charname's age, I still feel like I'm Charname's age but the face in the mirror tells me different, I feel like Keldorn in this forum ;-). As for careers / jobs, the thing I wanted to do when I was younger didn't work out & left me utterly unprepared for actually having to make money to pay the bills, however I'm nothing if not adaptable & I may not be working in what I thought was my dream career but I do something with lots of variety that will (hopefully) always mean I'm employable and I only have to do four days a week. Some people would kill for that.

Holy crap! What do you do, @BaldursCat ?! My biggest challenge is that I get bored way too easily, so what is this job that provides lots of variety, relative job security, and four day work weeks?
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    edited February 2015

Coutelier said:

Even though it was obviously only a few years that came out, wasn't it?

Why yes, yes it did.
    Few years ago, I meant to say. But there, see, I'm not old. In fact, I'd go clubbing right now, except, actually my back is a bit sore and it's nice to have a quiet night in every now and then.

I thought about researching my family tree the other day.
    wubble
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Coutelier said:

Coutelier said:

Even though it was obviously only a few years that came out, wasn't it?

Why yes, yes it did.
    Few years ago, I meant to say. But there, see, I'm not old. In fact, I'd go clubbing right now, except, actually my back is a bit sore and it's nice to have a quiet night in every now and then.

I thought about researching my family tree the other day.
    I do the odd bit of clubbing too. the annoying thing is club music hurts my ears, not the volume just the terrible music and the fact they only repeat 3 tracks. :)
    CoutelierBlackravenSquire
  • SquireSquire Member Posts: 511
    wubble said:

I do the odd bit of clubbing too. the annoying thing is club music hurts my ears, not the volume just the terrible music and the fact they only repeat 3 tracks. :)

I'm actually lucky, because I have a few clubs near me where they play proper music, but I agree that most of the "music" (if it can rightly be called music) played at these places is terrible...that's not just me getting old, I've never liked any of that dubstep/house/techno/dance crap.

If anything, the music I like has gotten 'louder' and harder as I've gotten older! I never used to be into metal, but was always more rock/indie, until recently. Everybody's musical tastes mature and diversify when they get older, I suppose...well, almost everybody. ;)
    wubble
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The lack of clubs in this clubbing club is an affront against bludgeon weapons! Thus I sentence the thread to some good clubbing!

CrevsDaak
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Is that a truncheon in your pocket? Or are you just pleased to see me?
    CrevsDaak