Skip to content

What are your pet peeves ?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Coutelier said:

Lending my DVDs/Blu-Rays to people. I'm a kind, polite person in real life, so when people ask me for things, I'm nice and I let them borrow things from me. Even though experience has taught me that what then happens is I'll keep asking when they'll return it, they'll keeping saying they forgot but they'll return it next time they see me, but then they'll forget again and again until eventually so much time has passed that they just assume that the DVDs I lent were actually theirs all along.

And the other thing that really annoys me is me and the way I'm too reserved to get mad about those things in real life and have to vent my frustration about it here.

I do that to my dad. I should return his stuff sooner but I am honestly forgetful (I'm also lazy so I'n not faultless in this matter). He doesn't really mind though as I do take care of things and I don't borrow things he uses any more. It's mainly books, CDs, Games and the odd DvD, He's read everything beforehand and has all his music on his itunes, most of the games and DvDs he kinda bought for us anyway.

I make a point however of never borrowing important things especially from people outside the family/close friends.
    CrevsDaakkcwiseCoutelier
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    (This probably happens to me more than other people because I'm still in school and this crowded hallways)
    When someone tries to be polite(I guess) when your walking down the halfway I opposite directions, and says "hi, how's it going" or something like that, but wait till your almost past eachother so you have no way to respond. I don't know if they'll think I'm being rude by not responding, but if I turn around just to say high tha'd be weird.

I'm not really big on politeness. I think most plea tries are a waste of time. People who say sorry all the time for no apparent reason are kind of annoying.

SLOW WALKING PEOPLE
    Yes, I walk VERY fast, but COME ON. move. your. @$$!
    CrevsDaakkcwiseJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    impolite people
    rudeness

that's it basically and it covers a whooole weekly spectrum of emotions for me
    kcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    wubble said:

Coutelier said:

Lending my DVDs/Blu-Rays to people. I'm a kind, polite person in real life, so when people ask me for things, I'm nice and I let them borrow things from me. Even though experience has taught me that what then happens is I'll keep asking when they'll return it, they'll keeping saying they forgot but they'll return it next time they see me, but then they'll forget again and again until eventually so much time has passed that they just assume that the DVDs I lent were actually theirs all along.

And the other thing that really annoys me is me and the way I'm too reserved to get mad about those things in real life and have to vent my frustration about it here.

I do that to my dad. I should return his stuff sooner but I am honestly forgetful (I'm also lazy so I'n not faultless in this matter). He doesn't really mind though as I do take care of things and I don't borrow things he uses any more. It's mainly books, CDs, Games and the odd DvD, He's read everything beforehand and has all his music on his itunes, most of the games and DvDs he kinda bought for us anyway.

I make a point however of never borrowing important things especially from people outside the family/close friends.
    I have the same issue. I've lent out DVDs and other things like books, only to never see them again. So I make a point of telling people that I don't borrow and I don't lend. If I feel an exception (such as my Dad), I will lend, but I basically assume that I am giving it. If it is something that I MUST have, I get myself a copy and be done with it. I might 'Bring over' a DVD and we can both watch. But I don't lend if I can help it.

So obviously I don't ever lend anything of significant value. I just think that is for the best.

If I had to tie this into the topic, I would add

"-people who borrow stuff incessantly". Get yer own stuff.
    wubblekcwiseJuliusBorisov
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    meagloth said:

(This probably happens to me more than other people because I'm still in school and this crowded hallways)
    When someone tries to be polite(I guess) when your walking down the halfway I opposite directions, and says "hi, how's it going" or something like that, but wait till your almost past eachother so you have no way to respond. I don't know if they'll think I'm being rude by not responding, but if I turn around just to say high tha'd be weird.

I'm not really big on politeness. I think most plea tries are a waste of time. People who say sorry all the time for no apparent reason are kind of annoying.

SLOW WALKING PEOPLE

When I was at school we just used to give each other a nod when we passed.

I do have the fast walking problem though, I find it's not generally too bad with guys where I live but the girls will walk four abreast and there's no way to get past them without either pushing them or somehow dragging them out of their shared daydream and into the real world. People don't understand why I walk so fast either, I'm good at walking and fairly athletic (when I organise myself) I don't like walking slowly because it doesn't stretch my muscles in the same way and I'd like to get some exercise from it.
    meaglothCrevsDaakkcwise
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited February 2015
    90% of 9gag comments.
    I mean really I just don't understand the 9gag's communities hate of women and love of all base humor.
    Post edited by SmilingSword on
    lolienkcwise
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    wubble said:

meagloth said:

SLOW WALKING PEOPLE

When I was at school we just used to give each other a nod when we passed.
    It's not like it happens a lot. Honestly it's only happened a few times. I don't know whips it's stuck with me. And it's usually teachers, not students.
    lolienkcwise
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2015
    meagloth said:

SLOW WALKING PEOPLE

Yeah, that's pretty bothering too. In school I tend to push everyone or just jump from the side of the stairs (when the director saw me, luckily another guy said a curse to some idiot that had dropped water on him and it got his attention) to get down faster (but I can't fly to go up, so I have to hurry up people or push them). ;p
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovBlackravenmeagloth
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    In airports - those people with pull-along suitcases that have no idea how much chaos they leave in their wake, like a jack-knifed truck.
    kcwiselolienJuliusBorisovmeagloth
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287

kcwise said:

Lots of fun points. I have nothing to add really, but I do want to name a cat or dog Peeves at some point. Just for the giggles.

- People who hurt or abuse animals or think that it is OK to leave their pets outside in winter.
    - People who think it is their God given right to let their animals bark and howl at 3am.
    - People who train animals to hurt other people, for fun
    Hey, I only give them silly names! ;)

Time to misquote Minsc: "I trust those who prey on (animals) no farther than they can be thrown, even if I manage to throw them pretty far!"
    lolienthe_spyderMusignyJuliusBorisov
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    elminster said:

People who stand on the left when they are going up an escalator.

What about people walking up the down escalator on their right side? Better or worse?
    lolienCrevsDaakkcwiseJuliusBorisov
    - People who use the term "Takin it to 'The next level'".

As a lifetime role player, leveling up a character means something. What these people mean is NOT that.

- People who use the term 'Literally' incorrectly.
    NonnahswriterkcwiseJuliusBorisovBlackraven
    edited February 2015

As a lifetime role player, leveling up a character means something. What these people mean is NOT that.

What about people that take it to "A whole... nuther... level!", are you cool with them?
    kcwiseJuliusBorisovBlackraven
  • jorge duartejorge duarte Member Posts: 1
    boas sorte
    lolienkcwise
    DreadKhan said:

What about people that take it to "A whole... nuther... level!", are you cool with them?
    Literally?
    ShadowHunterkcwise

DreadKhan said:

Literally?
    Figuratively will be sufficient.
    the_spyderkcwiseBlackraven
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    DreadKhan said:

DreadKhan said:

Literally?
    Figuratively will be sufficient.
    Don't forget "ironically."
    the_spyderCrevsDaakkcwiseBlackraven
    DreadKhan said:

I guess I'd be OK, if they said "A whole .... nutter... level!"
    jorge duarteCrevsDaakkcwiseBlackraven
    - People who start off by saying "To tell the truth". Is truth really so elusive in your life that you need to declare that you are doing it?
    kcwiseBlackraven
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143

- People who start off by saying "To tell the truth". Is truth really so elusive in your life that you need to declare that you are doing it?

Or "No offense but" followed up by the most offensive, rude, obnoxious thing.
    But you know, don't get angry 'cause "no offense"
    the_spyderkcwiseNonnahswriterBlackraven