Skip to content

Revised World Map Test

2»

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    Following the current naming rules on the actual in game map it would be Seawatcher Ruins.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Looking closely at the map image, my inclination would be to call it simply "Seawatcher" on the game map, interpreting the fine print "-ruins-" as an additional annotation.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Looking at the map image there are two other places that are named -ruins-.
    Firewine Bridge -ruins- & Ulcaster School -ruins-

Neither of these have the ruin part in the game map.
    This has not been forgotten or abandoned. It is being...worked on.

And that's all I have to say about that :D
  • Jackkel_DragonJackkel_Dragon Member Posts: 103
    It might not be this mod that created the problem, but I've needed to use a debug command to get out of Dorn's recruitment area (ambush between nashkel and mines) after installing this mod, since all desinations were considered "unreachable". Just a heads up that you might want to check that area's connections...
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    @Jackkel_Dragon
    Yes that area (OH1000) doesn't have area links attached. Just tested it myself. It's probably an oversight. If you can use DLTCEP, you can just add links to it yourself (see original links when you move worldmap.wmp file from your override directory). You must however start a new game for that change to take place.
    Sorry all for that one. I am aware of it, and a longer term fix is in the works. (You can use DLTCEP to edit the worldmap.wmp in your save game folder as well!)
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Ah, yes... why didn't I think of that. /facepalm/
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    edited October 2013
    @Cerevant Has this mod been made redundant due to patch 1.2?
    Sorry - we had to pull this feature from the update because of the problems / confusion / save game compatibility in and around Cloakwood. We are working on a variation of this for a future update, but not before BG2:EE
    Damn you Cloakwood! Damn you all to hell!
    [Insert angry Homer Simpson picture that I couldn't find *here*]
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Cerevant said:

Sorry - we had to pull this feature from the update because of the problems / confusion / save game compatibility in and around Cloakwood. We are working on a variation of this for a future update, but not before BG2:EE

Screw save compatibility.
    People can either complete their run before updating or start new a character.
    Freche said:

Cerevant said:

Screw save compatibility.
    People can either complete their run before updating or start new a character.
    I disagree. The feature was pulled from patch 1.2, as I understand it. And I agree with that decision. People shouldn't have to restart because the main game is updated.
    edited November 2013
    To further clarify: this isn't like some of the other changes where you don't get the benefit of a patch until you start a new game. This would prevent someone with a game in progress from finishing it. Add to that the fact that nearly everyone who play tested this update was surprised / confused by the movement of the Cloakwood areas made it not a good call for an update designed to make the game more playable by everyone.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited November 2013
    I really like the new placements of Cloakwood. Are these files compatible with the patch, or should this not be used?

Edit: One question I've always wondered about... Why are the Nashkel Mines an day's walk from Nashkel? You'd think the miners would have established a settlement closer to the mines...

Edit: One question I've always wondered about... Why are the Nashkel Mines an day's walk from Nashkel? You'd think the miners would have established a settlement closer to the mines...

Perhaps the settlement was first and the mines were found later. ;)
  • geminibrunigeminibruni Member Posts: 276
    Hi @Cerevant, this beautiful mod Is compatible whit the 1,3v of BGEE?? Tha os for your work!
    I'm not aware of any reason why this shouldn't still be compatible. I'm pretty sure there are still a couple of bugs in this version, but I'm wrapped up in enough adventury work that I don't have time to track them down. If anyone wants to fix this up, let me know and I'll post the changes.
  • VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
    edited February 2015

Perhaps the settlement was first and the mines were found later. ;)
    The original Nashkel establishment shot strongly suggested that the mines, while not exactly adjacent, were close to the town. There is no separate "miner's camp" for the workers; they have families that live in and around Nashkel. In fact, Joseph the miner lives downtown on the north side of the river.