Skip to content

Tresset: Casts Nostalgia!

TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
Forum members must save vs. breath or be mesmerized for 1d4 turns +1 turn for each year since playing the original Baldur's Gate 1. Forum members who never played the original Baldur's Gate 1 must save vs. breath at a +4 bonus or be amused for 1d4 rounds and confused for 1 round.
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Thanks for the flashback. Fun stuff!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TuthTuth Member Posts: 233
    This stone interface and awesome backgrounds are one of the reasons, why I went back to play the original BG1. I can't bring myself to play this game any other way. It's still this great game that it was back then.

@CrevsDaak wondeful story. I remember creating my first character on my friend's computer. I made a warrior and bought him splint mail, large shield, helmet and a flail. I was around 11 at that time and was basically wandering around Candelkeep, doing random stuff. I remember the tutorial with Obe and his illusions, the sudden chaos when you get to control of the other characters in a middle of a fight.

Since I didn't have my own PC at that time (I got it a year later I think), I was enjoying this game for as much time as possible and my warrior with Montaron's portrait did almost every task in Candlekeep (and fought with guards, when I got bored - that didn't end well).

I also rememeber watching my friend playing, the locations like Cloakwood with scary spiders and farm with even more scary Ankhegs. I learned the basics of the game from him, which helped me immensely whe I finally got to play it on my own PC.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited March 2015
    Fighters looked so much more cool in the original game than in BG:EE and BG2. Back then i was mesmerized by how awesome the watchers of candlekeep looked with that armor, now they are just your ordinary tin cans of metal.