Skip to content

#10644 [iOS] An export pop-up window should not appear when Icasaracht and her Soul Gem are defeated

DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
edited November 2014 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Ok so spoiler alert I guess.

The problem I'm having is that every time I kill Icasaracht I get this screen. What the what?

Edited in the image, attachment wasn't being displayed. —Troodon80
Post edited by Gate70 on
lawtalkinguy

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    I should also mention that I'm playing on an IPad, and right after this comes up the game crashes. Am I unable to continue my game after this point? And instead must start over with these now exported characters? Is this a bug?
    jackjackCrevsDaak
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It tries to transfer your saved game to bg2? Huh? What happens when you click copy? Does it always crash?

That 'open up in bg2' thing is a feature that helps you import your characters from bg1 to bg2 on Ipad. However iwd:ee characters are supposed to be incompatible with bg2 and thus, having this option pop up is a bug. Maybe it tries to do one 'final save' before you finish off HoW for good but fails to do so?

I haven't been that far to slay the dragon on my Ipad but now I fear same bug may raise its ugly head for me, too.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited November 2014
    Moving to the bugs thread. I can't see a screenshot, is it like this @Delvarian‌

On pc I can continue, on iPad I cannot email and if I click COPY the game closes. Is that the behaviour you are experiencing?
    & save I used to compare
    Gate70 said:

Moving to the bugs thread. I can't see a screenshot, is it like this @Delvarian‌

On pc I can continue, on iPad I cannot email and if I click COPY the game closes. Is that the behaviour you are experiencing?

Yes it's like that. Whatever I hit the game just closes.
    So I just got to the top of the ice tower, right after you kill Pomab, and I had the same thing happen there. Same pop-up and same crash. So is this a known bug that is stopping the game from being completed on the IPad? Or is it just me?
    @Delvarian‌ scroll to the top of your saves and there should be a Final-Save that you can use to continue.
    Thanks I didn't even notice that.
    That's OK, saves at the top are difficult to spot. I had a look back at Icasaracht and no equivalent save there, so has to be via export for the time being.

Enjoy the final battle.
    Delvarian
  • Papabeargary2Papabeargary2 Member Posts: 2
    I am having this problem too, with no final save to go to.
  • lawtalkinguylawtalkinguy Member Posts: 7
    Yup. Me too. Major bug. Game attempts export and then crashes. Lame.
  • FeytorFeytor Member Posts: 57
    I have this bug also atop the ice tower, cannot (yet) confirm it for HOW. But thx for the 'final save' tip. I can continue now :)
  • HaldirHaldir Member Posts: 6
    This is a really frustrating bug. Can't continue with the game with this bug - any timeline on when an update fixing it will be?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Next patch.
    CrevsDaak
    Thanks Jalily, much appreciated. When do you anticipate the next patch to be released?
  • hook71hook71 Member, Developer Posts: 582
    @Haldir - No specific date yet. Some information here though: http://www.beamdog.com/beamblog#post0011
    edited March 2015
    @Jalily any update on the next patch? Really can't do anything at the moment - did the heart of winter campaign before finishing the regular campaign, and want to get back to it :P
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Coming really, incredibly soon for most platforms; iOS will probably take at least a week longer due to Apple approvals.