Skip to content

A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack

Comments

• ifupaulineifupauline Member Posts: 405
    edited January 2015
    elminster this a is terrible mod, ever mod again!
    elminster
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    elminster, hello. I have some questions for you:
    1. Your mod has 2 lines starting with @700
    2. I'm translating your mod to Russian. Could you add an option of choosing language later, when I'll finish my work?
    3. I had install your mod to BG:EE. All works fine, I think, but the story of every kit seems strange, when your hero walks Sword Coast, but not IWD. Can I translate biographies in some universal way, that would be fine for both games?
    lolien
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I can look into it sure.
    lolien
    edited February 2015

elminster, hello. I have some questions for you:
    1. Your mod has 2 lines starting with @700

For the record as long as they aren't in the same file this shouldn't be an issue.

Edit: Turns out they were in the same file. Thanks for the heads up :)
    Post edited by elminster on
    jackjacklolien
    As far as the biographies for BGEE go feel free to write them as you like. However, these kits may use animations not present in BGEE and I"m not interested in providing support for this mod for that game.
    edited February 2015
    @Saigon1983 I've posted an update for the mod. It should provide the option now of selecting Russian on the install screen (and I fixed the @700 issue - again, thanks for pointing that out by the way). I called the russian TRA file k9kitrussian-SETUP but you can rename it to whatever you'd like.
    lolien
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Some languages require OS specific .tra files for the setup (at least spanish does, but I imagine it's the same for russian given the amount of non-ANSI ASCII characters is uses), so I think you should make a setup-win32.tra (with some specific encoding which escapes me) and setup-unix.tra/osx.tra with UTF-8 encoding.

Otherwise you'll end up making it a mess to understand for some ;)
    elminsterlolien
    @elminster, thanks, man! Now my translation progress is about 2/3. When I'll finish it and get some corrections from Russian BG-community, I'll send tra-file to you.
    @elminster, could you change an installation path of your mod for russian language to .\lang\ru_RU\dialog.tlk and .\lang\ru_RU\dialogf.tlk ?

I'm almost ready whith my translation and want to test it
    edited February 2015
    @CrevsDaak I choose you :)

Is there something special I have to do if there are two tlk files?

Also @Saigon1983 I don't see Russian listed under the currently implemented languages for IWDEE.
    lolien
    @elminster, russian implements in unofficial translation of russian BG-community. Also, I found. that dialogf.tlk is a file for female main heroes. So, you can only patch common dialog.tlk, I think
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2015

Also, I found. that dialogf.tlk is a file for female main heroes. So, you can only patch common dialog.tlk, I think

No. The dialogF.tlk is for languages where there are different words used for gender differentiation... For example... In spanish you would say "el hijo de Bhaal" for a male PC, but "la hija de Bhaal" for a female PC. the female dialog.tlk stores those strings, which are used in the case the PC is female and the string exists. WeiDU patchs both accordingly, so modder doesn't have to worry much about that.
    To use the string simply do this:
    @666 = ~El hijo de Bhaal~ ~La hija de Bhaal~
    @.traref = ~male string~ ~female string~
    lolien
    edited February 2015
    Anyways until this is resolved I've official reverted the mod back to only prompting for English.
    lolien
    edited February 2015
    Yea I tried getting it to accept russian and no matter what it seems it wants to patch the EN_US file instead.

Try this.
    jackjacklolien
    @elminster I've just noticed, that some kits can't be chosen. Such as Monks: Old Order, Long Death, Shimmering Wind, Shining Hand, Weeping Friars, Written Word. I start the game as human, and can't take any of them, while others monk kits are avaliable
    Also, Tunnelrat kit has not description, that only halfling can take it
    elminster
    @elminster, by change the lang directory to ru_RU in weidu.conf the mod patched right russian dialog files/ But.... the game now crashes, when I try to enter in any sub-class except of sorcerer, where there is no new kits.... take me some time to think...
    @elminster, I just uninstall the game, then install it again, install russian translation with folder ru_ru and install your mod with my translation. All works great!!! So, you can add my file to your mod, because it'is fully translated now
    elminsterlolienjackjack
    I also have a whole manual you are free to translate as well (if you want to). Its main thing is that it has install directions and further notes about compatibility with other mods.

The file found on the download page online is in a pdf file but I can provide you with the doc file for that if you are interested.
    lolienjackjack
    @elminster, Found some bugs: tunnelrat always run around like crazy! In status screen he has protection from fear, but he almost VERY fears!!
    elminsterjackjacklolien
    edited February 2015
    Haha hilarious. I meant to give immunity to effect (panic) and instead gave permanent panic :D

Should be fixed shortly.
    KamigoroshijackjackSionIVlolien
    @elminster, please insert this file to your mod. It is in utf-8. Older version causes crash, because it was in 1251 encoding...
    elminster
    edited March 2015
    Please note. This mod has not yet been updated to work on patch 1.4. The only implication of this being (that I can think of) the druid Hivemaster kit available in it will only be available for humans and half-elves. I'm hoping to get a patch out on the weekend to update it.
    Fandraxxlolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2015

What does 1.4 change that requires mod updates? Is it just making druid kits available for elves?

That and if you copied any spells for use in kits (like how l gave Snilloc’s Snowball Swarm to certain kits) you may want to look at the release notes as a few issues regarding certain spells were fixed.
    Post edited by elminster on
    lolien
    @Saigon1983 here. This should have the new things for translating. @7001 to @7044 and @8000 to @8013 are the new additions.
    jackjacklolien
    @elminster, thanks! Will see tomorrow
    elminsterjackjack
    @elminster, completed! Take here or from the link in PM
    elminsterjackjack
    edited March 2015
    Update 2.7 is out. It adds the Treetender kit and should also hopefully fix any issues IWDEE's patch 1.4 caused.
    KamigoroshiJuliusBorisovlolien
    Is there any chance, that someday in game we can select more than 9 kits with scrollbar?))