Skip to content

Suggestions for original English/translated strings

Comments

• kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    STEALTH: This skill allows the Ranger to move and escape detection

Missing full stop: STEALTH: This skill allows the Ranger to move and escape detection.
    edited August 2012
    EXPANSION PACK

Double blank space in front of " EXPANSION PACK"
    Keldath Ormlyr

According to forgottenrealms.wikia.com it should be "Kelddath Ormlyr"

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Kelddath_Ormlyr
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    Fixed all of the above.
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    Added wardstone descriptions.
    kangaxx
    @Dave I love your description!
    edited August 2012
    kangaxx said:

ID - Original string - Suggested string
    9446 - Watcher 2 - Watcher
    9450 - Priest of Oghma 3 - Priest of Oghma
    9490 - Priest of Oghma 2 - Priest of Oghma

9446 - I can't find where it's used so I'm not sure if we can change it or not. I need to ask for help to do a more thorough search.

Follow-up: @Manuel confirms that these strings don't affect the game. Moreover, these are test-strings without appearance in the game.
    AndreaColombo
    The semi-new strings (IDs 25024-25043) include following tokens. Are they going to be replaced by something during gameplay?
    BASTARD SWORD: The bastard sword is a double-edged sword and can be wielded with one or two hands. It does more damage than a long sword but less than a two handed sword.

< DOTS1>
    < DOTS2>
    < DOTS3>
    < DOTS4>
    < DOTS5>
    FireBall

Fireball
    String #24065 is the only unique / legendary item that lacks a fancy description. It merely reads "Durlag's Pride", the name of the sword, followed by the STATISTICS header. If @Dave felt especially inclined, he could make up a description for it.

However, first it would be better to check whether this is an item that can be actually obtained in-game. In fact, there is another entry in the dialog file that states the sword is a monument to Durlag and cannot be removed from the stone where it is. Whether this is an accurate statement or CHARNAME can actually manage to get the sword, I do not know. If it can be had, it would be nice for it to have a description.

I fixed the Fireball stuff, btw :)
    kangaxx
    edited August 2012
    Air elemental whirlwind

Air Elemental Whirlwind

Bark Skin

Barkskin
    Nahal's Reckless Dweomer* (Invocation/Evocation)
    [...]

Nahal's Reckless Dweomer* (Invocation/Evocation)
    Polymorph abilities have been added to your Special Abilities menu

Polymorph abilities have been added to your Special Abilities menu.
    edited August 2012
    Minor Spell Sequencer

@AndreaColombo: This should be "Spell Sequencer" (if it follows the same pattern as the prior string pair):

26469: Title of Minor Sequencer
    26470: Description of Minor Sequencer

26471: Title of Minor Spell Sequencer: seems to be incorrect. Please check and confirm.
    26472: Description of Spell Sequencer
    26687: Selune's Blade -> Selûne's Blade
    26688: Selune's Curse -> Selûne's Curse
    26689: Selune's Blessing -> Selûne's Blessing
    All the Selune strings should already have the û character: I remember fixing them myself :-O
    @AndreaColombo: It's within the new 3000+ strings. Double-checked; no û character.
    I've just done a global Find & Replace for Selune/Selûne in the new strings, so they should be fine now.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to fix in Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, as your reportedly desired behavior doesn't look any different than the current text.
    @AndreaColombo It's the asterisk.
    Fixed everything reported thus far.
    kangaxx
    @AndreaColombo No worries, I'll keep you busy ;)

Dagger +2: 'Heart of the Golem' There are no records of this weapon's creator; nevertheless, its existence can be traced back among thieves and murderers to before Dalereckoning. Its blackened blade was apparently forged from the arcane metals of an iron golem, giving the weapon an appearance as dark as its history.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d4 + 2
    THAC0: +2 bonus
    Weight: 1
    Speed Factor: 0
    Proficiency Type: Small Sword
    Type: 1-handed

Damage Type missing
    [Note from Tazok to Nimbul]Nimbul, The money you have received from Tranzig should cover your usual fee. Your assignment is a difficult one, but I'm sure that you are up to the task. There is a group of mercenaries who should be coming through Nashkel in the next few days. They are led by a whelp named . You are to kill , and all that travel with them. I warn you; they might not look like much, but they are very dangerous. Good hunting! TAZOK

Suggestion:

[Note from Tazok to Nimbul] Nimbul, The money you have received from Tranzig should cover your usual fee. Your assignment is a difficult one, but I'm sure that you are up to the task. There is a group of mercenaries who should be coming through Nashkel in the next few days. They are led by a whelp named . You are to kill , and all that travel with them. I warn you; they might not look like much, but they are very dangerous. Good hunting! Tazok
    Strings: 8913 - 8917
    Not sure about that- all letters in vBG1 end with a signature in full caps. Looks very much like intended behavior. @Dave?
    edited August 2012
    If you decide to have letters signed in full caps, then you'll need to change at least 8919, 8920, 8921, 8922, 8926.
    edited September 2012
    We are to meet Narlen at the Splurging Sturgeon inn. He only wants < thief name> there. The rest of the party will have to wait nearby.

According to @Manuel this token < tief name> doesn't work. Has this been fixed in BGEE?
    I will check with the devs and fix it as required.
    These are Eldoth's personal poisoned arrows. He learned how to use poison at a young age, and can create enough venom for about 5 arrows. He is the only person who can safely handle these arrows.

Description's missing.

These are the right stats unformatted:

Damage: 1D6 (piercing)
    Damage Bonus: +14 (Poison in 40 Seconds)
    Weight: 0
    Launcher: Bow
    String #7249 is unused and can therefore be left alone.
    kangaxx
    edited September 2012
    And this is how Eldtoh's arrows look like now:
    These are Eldoth's personal poisoned arrows. He learned how to use poison at a young age, and can create enough venom for about 5 arrows. He is the only person who can safely handle these arrows.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6, +14 poison damage in 40 seconds
    Damage type: Piercing

@AndreaColombo

We should add following information:
    These are Eldoth's personal poisoned arrows. He learned how to use poison at a young age, and can create enough venom for about 5 arrows per day. He is the only person who can safely handle these arrows.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1d6, +14 poison damage in 40 seconds
    Damage type: Piercing