Skip to content

Random Gems of Wit and Humor in BG1

One of the things that makes BG1 so special for me is the random, witty humor written into many of the non-joinable NPC dialogues. Despite playing BG off-and-on since it first came out in the late 90s, I always seem to discover something new in every playthrough that gives me a good laugh. Today, for example, I happened upon this priceless, culturally-specific "gem" when my PC spoke with a courtesan in the Low Lantern:

I think it's safe to say the original writers had German players in mind for that one (although they went for the phonetic spelling of "Schvantz") ^.^

What are some of your recent BG discoveries-in-humor?

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I love it when the NPCs call hobgoblins "knobgoblins"
  • simplessimples Member Posts: 540
    time to die you ugly knobgoblins
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Neera: "Are we back? Is it over? I smell burning. Am I burning? Are you burning? Something's burning."
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    I was delighted when I ran into Rocky and Bulwinkle, but I also confess that I was instantaneously overwhelmed with a sudden and sadistic urge to inflict mortal harm upon them. I feel ashamed to admit this.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    @ Mortianna
    I looked schvantz up. I can't believe I didn't see that coming, but you are right, that was funny.
  • LuremasterLuremaster Member Posts: 100
    @procco One shot, one kill for every zombie if you do it with a level nine party. Easiest fight in the entire game, by far.