Skip to content

Game Lags After Character Modification

2»

Comments

• CaeDaresCaeDares Member Posts: 182
    I opened both saved and neither of them have any more than 9 spells, and not 9 of every spell.
    If I open the spellbook it shows way more spells in the spellbook than memorisation slots, which is normal, so I don't understand why it's at 9 spells.
    I also rested to see if the rest of my spells would appear, but they did not.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    That's strange. They're showing up in the spell book but are not being granted when resting. I'm guessing that means the game has been changed—it used to allow for any number of slots and any number of spells to be memorised (even spells which were not actually known).

I'll look into that, but I'm not sure there's anything I can do to Keeper to change that behaviour.
    So were back to my original problem, which is what Test3 and Test4 show. Its very curious because I have a modified Jon Irenicus char that has 50 of each spell but only 9 Memorization slots, and all his spells show. I've also added in extra spells to him and they pop up just fine. I'll post him when I get off work if you don't solve what's going on by then.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    I think I know what the problem is. There was a game fix for spells disappearing from the spell book when items such as Evermemory were removed from the character (or other items which give bonus spells) or if you were level drained (see page 8 of the release notes). It looks like you will need to increase the number of slots to the number of memorised spells you have.

If I increase the number of slots, those spells become usable.
    Troodon80 said:

I think I know what the problem is. There was a game fix for spells disappearing from the spell book when items such as Evermemory were removed from the character (or other items which give bonus spells) or if you were level drained (see page 8 of the release notes). It looks like you will need to increase the number of slots to the number of memorised spells you have.

If I increase the number of slots, those spells become usable.

Well, crap.
    Increasing the memory slots results in lag, so I guess I'll just be dealing with what I have for the time being.