Skip to content

[Mods] Awesome Soundsets Mods Master Thread. Custom Soundsets for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE

Comments

• ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78

Female, Brutish Thug

"This dull. Hurry up and find stuff to do"

Low int, high speed voiceset for your steppe-steppin' musclegal.

Female, Brutish Thug: (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.
    lolienJuliusBorisovMirandelStSofiaWiseguy

Male, Mature Swashbuckler

"Ha-haaa! That's it for you. Take that!"

Get your Errol Flynn on. Those without a jaunty hat, rapier and cocksure attitude need not apply.

Male, Mature Swashbuckler: (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.
    JuliusBorisovlolienMirandelStSofiaWiseguy
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    edited March 2015
    Monkey Island soundsets, f*** yes!
    I am definetly gonna use some of these voice sets, thank you all for sharing :D

Also, I made myself a very helpful table for cross-creating soundsets for both BG, BG2, IWD and IWD2, you can find it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12vdBXRGG0Wsog_3OClJ2DWgmrIJMItzxVIUNsIxk9Dg/edit?usp=sharing
    Feel free to ad the link in the start post if you want.
    smeagolheartJuliusBorisovlolien
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited March 2015
    ButtercheeseJuliusBorisovlolien
    edited March 2015
    That's ten of each male and female PC voicesets completed, roughly marking the midway point. Time for another break.

Marxo Schween

"Holy guacamole!"

One part anachronistic 1930's screwball expressions, one part uncannily apposite video game quotes, compounded in classic hiphop and rap lyrics in a delivery reminiscent of Professor Frink. For players who like their fourth wall like they like their mounts; thoroughly broken.

Marxo Schween: (c) 2015 Fogie.
    JuliusBorisovlolienMirandel
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    Dat description.
    lolienFlashburnBrer_Rabbit
  • Rylorn23Rylorn23 Member Posts: 77
    Can you also add "Male, power-hungry" please?
  • Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    edited January 2016
    I took a break from playing IWD:EE for a few months but recently came back after the 1.4 patch dropped. Coming back also made me realize that I was meaning to check out the Awesome Soundset mod, and man, am I impressed with it all. It took me a bit to figure out a couple of things - mainly had issues on my end - but once I got the hang of it, I like using the mod shell a lot more than editing CHARSND and 2DA files through DLTCEP.

Anyway, I recently re-configured the Diablo 1 soundsets I made on my soundset tutorial thread (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/37191/how-to-install-custom-soundsets-the-easy-way-custom-soundsets-included-now-with-subtitles/p1) to use the mod shell. Thought I'd drop the files here if anyone wanted to use them. They're mainly for IWD:EE, as a few of the BG:EE related dialog calls aren't present. I may go back and find appropriate soundfiles for those character states later on.

Smeagolheart, feel free to add these soundsets to the next version of your mod if you want. I may be uploading some more that I've been making that I haven't seen on this thread so far, but I can't promise it will be immediately. I'm planning on getting Pillars of Eternity later today so...I might take another hiatus from the forums again.

EDIT: It's been a long while, but I found a minor folder name-related glitch in the zip. Fixed it and now you can download it as a part of my Swifty Magee's Soundset mod, found on page 5 of this thread. It will be continually updated off and on, so stay tuned!
    Post edited by Swifty_Magee on
    JuliusBorisovsmeagolheartlolienthelovebat

Male, Desert Warrior

"You have the personality of a camel."

Need to tarmac a road through some arid wilderness? This guy's voice'll do the job.

Male, Desert Warrior: (c) 2003 Bioware Corp.

Female, Mature Commander

"All right, kids. Time to form up."

World-weary, husky boss lady, who's seen it all before.

Female, Mature Commander: (c) 2003 Bioware Corp.

Male, Prankster

"Okay, stand right here on this X I've drawn on the floor."

Less the manic lethality of the Joker, and more a milquetoast take on the movie version of the Mask.

Male, Prankster: (c) 2003 Bioware Corp.
    JuliusBorisovlolienStSofiaWiseguy

Male, Sociopath

"I want to see...suffering."

If your character is the sort to express great delight in inflicting pain on others, then this creepy soundset will be right up your street. Arsehole Avenue.

Male, Sociopath: (c) 2003 Bioware Corp.
    It's an embarrassment of riches in this thread for soundset possibilities.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    Might I request the "Female Maiden" voiceset?
    lolien
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    Is this mostly from NWN?
    @Cluas The ones I made aren't (they are linked in the first post) but the ones created by ggalleger that he posted throughout this thread are.
    JuliusBorisovlolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    There're custom soundsets available to be downloaded at https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0rukwjdkBOZWmo2R3djTXNiWG8&authuser=0, made by Compatibilist from reddit.com

"3 soundsets made from the voices of the diablo 1 character classes: the sorcerer, the rogue and the warrior. The package also contains all the BG2 soundsets renamed for BGEE and IWDEE so they don't override the existing ones."

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgate/comments/38j7gq/custom_soundsets_for_bg2_bgee_and_iwdee/
    loliensmeagolheartBaptor
  • OperativeNLOperativeNL Member Posts: 146
    There seems to be a problem with the Nameless One voiceset (at least when I installed it). In the character creation screen, the sixth sample is a very loud screech of static noise. You might wanna look into that.

Other than that, AWESOME MOD by the way! Thanks so much, many of these are absolutely fantastic!
    loliensmeagolheart
  • BrandzerkerBrandzerker Member Posts: 1
    Anyway we can get the generic hero soundsets from BG for use in IWD?
  • SBF1SBF1 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2015
    Looks like it's been a while since anyone posted in here, but I wanted to ask for some help; I recently picked up IWDEE, and I installed the Baldur's Gate soundpack, but while they all play fine in the character creation screen, they don't play at all when I'm actually in the game. The subtitle pops up, it's attached to the right characters and everything, but the actual voiceclip... just doesn't play.

This only seems to be an issue with the BG pack, also. I tested out the IWD2 voicepack and the ones I used worked fine, both in character creation and in-game. So I dunno what's up. It'd be nice to get some help with this, since the team I was planning on using uses three of the BG voicesets, eheh.

EDIT: Well, that was... odd. But I figured out a workaround, at least! I needed to go into the characters' customize options in-game and choose their voices again. Now the clips work!... I'm not sure what the issue was in the first place, but hey, I won't look a workaround in the mouth.
    Post edited by SBF1 on
    lolien