Skip to content

Problems with games graphics. White and black line/boxes all over?

Malice213Malice213 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in Troubleshooting
I've been reading these forums and others for days trying to find a fix to this, but for some reason no option that has worked for others seems to apply to my laptop. It's an old Lenovo Thinkpad SL510. School laptop that had all the security portions wiped clean. I'm running on an Intel 45 Express Chipset. I'll post a picture of the specs, as well as a picture of what I'm seeing when the game opens. I can click on menu options, and eventually (blindly) navigate myself to the actual game, but it's still super buggy and flashy for me. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

BG.png 568.4K
GFX.png 25.4K
Post edited by Tresset on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Try checking for updates to your graphics card.
  • Malice213Malice213 Member Posts: 2
    Problem solved! It would be the simplest of things wouldn't it? I guess the old saying "Keep it simple, stupid" should have been applied. Thank you very much for the quick (And painfully embarrassing) fix.
  • HorrukHorruk Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
    Hi...i have the same problem and i don't know how to solve it.May you tell me how u did it, please?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Horruk, welcome to the forum. Although I wasn't part of the OP solution, I am guessing here that Malice213 (hasn't been here since April 2015 so I wouldn't expect a response) updated the machine's graphics driver to solve it.

You could try the same and if it doesn't work, let me know here and I will try and solve it with you. You will need to provide some more info though such as brand/model of the device/PC you are playing on as well as the operating system and version of the game.

Good Luck
    Gus