Skip to content

A Frosty Journey: The IWDEE Kitpack

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    That one isn't in my hands
  • Saigon1983Saigon1983 Member Posts: 157
    @elminster, do you know whose hands can perform this trick?)) except beamdog team, probably
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited March 2015
    @Saigon1983 There is no rush on this (I'm probably not going to be able to work on it further until next weekend) but if you want to translate some stuff for the next patch then you can see it here.

Its numbers @7046 to @7088

lolien
    @elminster, ok, thanks
  • FandraxxFandraxx Member Posts: 193
    The Treetender kit is very interesting, I like. :smiley:
    elminster
    I actually have some minor adjustments for that. I don't have the time at the moment to post them but when I get the chance I will (these are very small changes)
    lolien
    @elminster, I have an issue in one component. Here is screenshot
    elminster
    Thanks for bringing that to my attention.
    lolien
    edited March 2015
    @Saigon1983 Unless you are doing a playthrough of IWDEE currently (using one of these kits) I would say uninstall the mod (every component you have installed) then try re-installing it. I haven't been able to replicate your issue.
    edited March 2015
    I had new install two hours ago. And before that, two times few days earlier. And this issue was the same. I think, this may be connected to new update of russian translation for the game, which was released by our modders pair of days ago... may be some problem in tlk... Other kits run perfect
    edited March 2015
    @Saigon1983 does the problem happen when you have the english translation installed or when you have the russian translation installed?

Edit: Nevermind I see it says you have the russian translation installed.
    Post edited by elminster on
    lolien
    edited March 2015
    The thing is that Nate (aka DNate) only originally has 10 dialog states. So the 11th is being added by the mod. The only thing I can think of is that its a result of the translation using the file for the two different sexes.
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Just tried this for the first time. Awesome work!
    elminster
  • PetrolPetrol Member Posts: 34
    Congratulation !
    With these kits i managed to do my races theme parties :
    Half orcs, rage theme : barbarian, berzerker, kensai, bounty hunter, cleric tempus, fighter (longbow)

The cleric became a shaman of gruumsh, and the fighter became a mymidon with the longbow (the +3AC against range did not hurt).

Dwarf, fighter theme :
    Dwarven defender, berzerker, wizard slayer, fighter/thief, cleric talos, fighter (longbow)

The wizard slayer became a vermin slayer (it's like a fighter thief), the F/T became a pest controler, the cleric of Talos became a earthwalker of grumbar, the fighter became a myrmidon (longbow).

Hafling, hobbit theme (thief) :
    barbarian, berzerker, swashbucker, bounty hunter, cleric of Lathandre, assassin

The barbarian became a tunnelrat, the berzerker became a mercenary, the cleric of Lathandre became a leaftender.

But, i do not love monks, and there's too much of them in your kit mod, i wish you add bard and druid kits.

A great thank you, this mod made me loving more the game.
    KamigoroshielminsterJuliusBorisovlolien
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    elminster
    edited April 2015
    Petrol said:

But, i do not love monks, and there's too much of them in your kit mod, i wish you add bard and druid kits.

As far as druid kits go I am looking to add two more in the future, the Savage and the Lost Druid.

I may look at bard kits in the future but a number of them are probably covered already in Scales of Balance and Song and Silence (though I'm not sure if the latter has been updated to work in IWDEE yet).
    lolien
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    elminster
  • PetrolPetrol Member Posts: 34

@Petrol you don't have to install the monk kits. :P I don't really use monks but I still appreciate the variety.

A bit of self-promotion, you might enjoy some of Scales of Balance kits as well - like, a fighter/cleric following Tempus with Rage and a spiritual axe than can cause panic on hit; or a Marksman fighter kit. Or you could add an Alaghor of Clangeddin F/C to your dwarf party. I've also got 5 bard kits and 2 druid kits. With FJ that makes 7 options for druids, and that standalone Lost Druid kit over in Geral Modding would make 8.

I mention it because I think SoB and FJ mesh really well, and there are some great combinations. How about a party devoted to tracking down magic power, with a wizard slayer, a paladin of Mystra, a priest of Mystra, a Spellfilcher F/T, and a Loremaster bard?

I took too SoB, mainly for the corsair and the sniper, really great kits !

Halfling party (Hobbit theme, thief) :
    - formerly : barbarian, zerk, swash, bounty, Lathandre, assassin

- Now : tunnelrat, corsair, swash, bounty, leaftender, sniper (short bow, she's a thief)

corsair suits well with the theme, some halflings travels, technically it's a swash with fighter advantage.

- i do not like your tweaks, too much threats, i only took the "standalone" kits (marksman needs the warrior tweaks)

What i really need it's an archer like for the half-orc party (rage theme), and the dwarf party (fighter theme), the myrmidon is not an archer but better than a vanilla fighter.

elminster
    @Saigon1983 I got caught up in Adventure Y stuff and haven't been able to get the update to this mod ready until now. But anyways one of the things I have done since is provide an update to the Dragon Disciple/description (so if people want it its now its called a Red Dragon Disciple). For instance 7089 to 7093 have been updated to reflect the one change (at level 6) I made to the kit.

Since March I may have also adjusted the descriptions for the other dragon disciple kits. At this point I really can't remember. So it may be good to just give it a look through to see if there are any inconsistencies.

Anyways, if you are willing and have the time would it be possible to get an updated TRA file based on the following attachment? There's no rush.

edited May 2015
    @elminster, ok, thanks. I have no much time for myself)) BTW, an issue, that I mentioned earlier, is no actual now - all works fine!
    elminster
    Ahh well no worries.
    lolien
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @elminster cool I've been thinking to translate this mod to Polish at some point (not within month, though), so it's perfect timing for new version :smile:
    lolien
    @Cahir Cool. :)
    lolien
    @elminster is the .tra file you have attached the most current one? If I start translating, should I use it or better wait for full version of mod?
    Yea its the current one. The only work I have left to do before the next release is ability / spell testing related.
    Cahir
    All right, thanks! It's kinda possible that I'll start to dabble in it earlier, so I wanted to know if it's the right file :)
    elminster
  • KrotosKrotos Member Posts: 156
    @elminster Do you happen to still work on this? If so, may I suggest renaming the Paladin kits? "Divinate of" sounds really cheap and it's one of the things I never liked in IWD 2. (Paladin of...)

I renamed them for my own sake to Mystic Fire Knight (Mystra), Shadoweir of Mielikki (you've got a typo there, I've also seen the term The Arm of Mielikki over the FR forums and fanfics) and Holy Warrior of Suffering (Ilmater). Mystic Fire Knights and Holy Warriors of Suffering are the knightly orders sponsored by Mystra and Ilmater, respectively. Finding information about Shadoweirs/Arms proved to be more difficult.

Also do you plan to make the mod more compatible with SoB by expanding the kits a bit / adjusting them if SoB's warrior / divine tweaks are installed? I talked about that with subtledoctor (whom I'm not highlighting out of kindness) and he's going to see if he can adjust kits on his side. My point is that with SoB installed you could give cleric kits a favoured weapon progression (spear for Ulutiu, axe for Auril) for example. Any chance of that happening?
    edited July 2015
    To be honest between RL stuff, my work for Siege of Dragonspear as well as my effort to get my Eve of War mod ready I haven't had a lot of time for this one. Unfortunately that isn't about to change any time soon either. I've got some sorcerer kits ready and corrected some typos but that has been about all I've done for the last four months.

Thanks for the info about knightly orders. I'll see what I can do about making them a bit less bland and those orders you mentioned look good.
    JuliusBorisov