Skip to content

Moving to new Computer

Hi! This might be a really stupid question with a totally obvious answer, but here goes: I´m getting a new computer (mac)...is there any way to install BGEE + BG2EE on that without having a to re-purchase them? In the olden days we used to have these fabled objects called CD´s that were used to distribute games, but how does it work with digital downloads? (I didn´t buy them via Steam, btw)

Comments

• Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Not sure. My unhelpful answer is that I purchased through Google Play and purchased the extras in-app. When I reinstalled on a new device, all of the extras showed up as purchased. In this case, I'm going to bet that cross-platform is considered a new purchase (like buying the same game for Xbox and PS). If I'm not mistaken, I believe HareBrain treats Shadowrun that way.
  • snoopdoggybobasnoopdoggyboba Member Posts: 12
    It´s not cross-platform though, sorry. Simply upgrading to a new iMac.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    Yeah. Misinterpreted that. There should he some kind of solution then. I'm not familiar with how this works on Apple. How did you purchase it? Website? App Store?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    The games are completely portable. I think all you would have to do is install them on your new computer? @Jalily would know for sure.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    If you bought them from Beamdog, simply go to their website, login, and go to your "my games" tab. From there, click on the game in question to go to its page, and then click on the "install game" link. That should download the installer, and you just have to run it from there.
  • snoopdoggybobasnoopdoggyboba Member Posts: 12
    Ahh! Brilliant, thanks guys! I knew I was just to dumb to think of the obvious solution (i.e. that I had to create an account with Beamdog to purchase them in the first place...).
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    But if you want to rebuy the games you can.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited April 2015
    Not sure if it works on Macs, but on Windows you can copy the entire game folder to a flash drive and from there copy it to another computer. No need to download everything again.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on