Skip to content

#11069 - Water and lava overlays should be rendered correctly on Android devices

Cyruschen0112Cyruschen0112 Member Posts: 55
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
I bought the BG 2 EE Android version a few days ago, once I found it had been released. But I found it has big terrible problems. please chek out the screenchut photos attached. My devise is SAMSUN galaxy note 10.0 edition 2014, Android version 4.4.2. How to fix it? Please fix it....
Post edited by Troodon80 on
seamus1337

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014
    Hmm yea that looks pretty buggy.
    seamus1337
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'll tag @Troodon80 about it.
    CrevsDaakseamus1337
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    This is a recurring issue that seems to crop up every now and then. At least nine issues were reported in that past as being being duplicates of a single 'missing water overlay' issue. Last I heard, this was something to do with the renderer on certain devices. Lava overlays in BG:EE are also broken.

I'll get it reported again.
    CrevsDaakSylvus_Moonbowelminsterseamus1337
  • Cyruschen0112Cyruschen0112 Member Posts: 55
    Many maps are like these, actually cannot play at all.
    seamus1337
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Cyruschen0112‌
    For an area where you have this issue, can you do the following please.
    - Save the game.
    - Exit the game.
    - Power down your Samsung.
    - Restart the Samsung.
    - Load the game.
    - Advise whether the area looks OK or still has the issue.
    Thanks
    seamus1337
    Just did as you said. But seems it doesn't work, on the contrary the map got worse...attached the screenshots before and after.
    seamus1337
    Thanks, that indicates it is a continual issue rather than something that starts off OK and appears as the game is played.
    seamus1337
  • Spellsword82Spellsword82 Member Posts: 15
    Hello,

There appears to be a graphical glitch on Android 5.0.1 using Nexus 7. It is very prominent around water scenes (exit of Irenicus Dungeon, The Docks, Temple District) but have also noticed grey squares on some indoor scenes.

I am having problems attaching the image to this post for you to see. For an illustration of the problem, please see this tweet I sent to Trent:

Cheers

Ray
    seamus1337
  • Richi90Richi90 Member Posts: 11
    Exactly the same problem on Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Android 4.4
    seamus1337
    Believe this is the same so have merged threads, but tagging @Troodon80‌ to confirm.
    Thanks
    seamus1337
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Yes, it's the same issue.
    seamus1337
    Can this be fixed?
    seamus1337
  • DriftwoodDriftwood Member Posts: 9
    I'm experiencing the same thing. I play on a Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
    seamus1337
  • YeorlYeorl Member Posts: 2
    Same here. Adreno 320 chipset, Sony Xperia Z tablet, 4.4.4 os, BG & BGII.

I find this bug paricularly frustrating, and personally consider it a major defect on Android. If it is indeed chipset/renderer specific, then I would think this would be a higher priority bug, since Adreno 320/330 is a very common SoC, and is in quite a few *current* Android devices.

It would be really nice to hear an update on plans for this issue. Seems like every week there is a new user reporting the same thing. I personally would love to see this fixed as a 1.3 incremental patch for Android only, rather than have to wait months for it in 1.4. But hey, that's just a dream I have...

Anyway, great work on the games in general. I think its fantastic that you brought these classics back and wish you nothing but success so you can keep doing it!
    Driftwoodseamus1337
  • YeorlYeorl Member Posts: 2
    Just to illustrate how much the Adreno GPU is used in current mobile device SoC designs, here are some links.

http://www.gsmarc.com/model-finder/gpu/adreno-320/
    http://www.gsmarc.com/model-finder/gpu/adreno-330/
    http://www.gsmarc.com/model-finder/gpu/adreno-420/
    http://www.gsmarc.com/model-finder/gpu/adreno-430/

So, if this is in fact a chipset (or chipset opengl driver) related bug, if you have a device from these lists, you could have this issue. Now, before anyone gets too put off: I am not trying to make any definitive statement about the cause, I am just trying to connect the dots between what I am experiencing and what other users with similar devices have reported.
    seamus1337
  • Vestan_PanceVestan_Pance Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2015
    Same issue on a HTC M8 with an Adreno 330
    seamus1337
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Same issue on the LG G3...
    seamus1337Vestan_Pance
  • seamus1337seamus1337 Member Posts: 20
    Let's get this tweet retreated so beamdog take notice....

Vestan_Pancelolien
    Is this bug being dealt with at all? Or if it is, how long will we have to wait for a fix?
    Vestan_Pance
  • JRHigleyJRHigley Member Posts: 16
    I have had and currently have the same issue. BG:EE (lava) and BG2:EE (water). Nexus 7 (2013) on both KitKat and Lollipop.
    seamus1337Vestan_Pance
  • Vestan_PanceVestan_Pance Member Posts: 5
    Any idea if this is fixable?

There's also problems in IWD with spell effects, such as Bless causing the party to take on a psychedelic hue.
  • who_is_danielwho_is_daniel Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 98
    Is this still an issue?
    Yes, very much so... Beamdog don't seem to be bothering with a fix either...
  • efdiefdi Member Posts: 4
    Same problem here, BG2EE running on Nexus 7 on android lollipop. My temple district looks exactly like the tweet Spellsword82 posted.
    Come on guys! This makes the game I paid good money for; pretty broken....please fix. Or at least acknowledge that you are going to do something about it.
    Hello
    The information supplied to date has been added to ticket 11069. In order to help investigations please can you ensure you provide tablet details, version of Android operating system and other games if affecting more than BGII:EE.

We could do with confirmation/additional information for these reports
    @Spellsword82 I believe you are using a 2013 model Nexus 7?
    @Driftwood @Vestan_Pance @Luke93 please could you supply the Android version.
    @seamus1337 model and os version please.
    Thanks
    hook71seamus1337
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    @Gate70 Android 5.0
    seamus1337
    @Gate70 Note 4 Android 4.4.4
  • efdiefdi Member Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    Nexus 7 2013 edition running Android 5.02. Water problems also appear in BG EE, but manifest slightly different: In BG EE the water in streams is simply not visible, you can only see the empty water bed. There is a thread about this in the BG EE Bugs forum. I believe these 2 problems arre linked.
    seamus1337
  • DriftwoodDriftwood Member Posts: 9
    @Gate70 My phone is running 4.4.4.
    seamus1337