Skip to content

The Tales of Sima Jin - Min. Reload RP driven playthrough.

124»

Comments

• HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    Does the Freedom spell work after waiting for so long? I've never trusted it to.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Hudzy It should do. This isn't my first experience with Imprisonment lol. In my first blind playthrough (so I totally missed Freedom Scrolls in SoA) I lost everyone except Anomen (ironically) to Imprisonment by a Lich in Watcher's Keep. I made do with substitutes for quite a long time before saving everyone.

But yes, I did make a save right after that battle, in the worst case scenario, I could just cheat Anomen back in with the exact same xp and equipment... Or just stick with Jaheria, she is quite a boss in BG2. :smile:
  • HudzyHudzy Member Posts: 300
    @Heindrich That's good to know. I may strike Imprisonment off the list of stuff to reload for when I finally get around to playing BG2 again.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Heindrich Did you manage to leave an area while Anomen was imprisoned?

According to Dee's post here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/344670/#Comment_344670 one can't leave an area if someone from the party was imprisoned.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @bengoshi I can confirm from both BG2 Vanilla and BG2:EE that you can definitely leave an area and abandon Imprisoned companions.

What I think @Dee meant in that comment is that if they made Imprisonment on Charname no longer game-ending, then they'd have to make it impossible to leave a zone if you have Imprisoned characters. Because otherwise you'd have the awkward situation of continuing a game without a protagonist, who's not dead, but also not able to participate in the plot that clearly needs him.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    I think he was referring to the Maze effect, because you can't leave a map if someone is mazed.