Skip to content

Simple Guide of how to slain the new Drizzt

2»

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Last time I killed him, which was just after BG1EE came out, I just used boots of speed and kited him until he died. Has anything changed since then to render that tactic ineffective?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Jarrakul said:

Last time I killed him, which was just after BG1EE came out, I just used boots of speed and kited him until he died. Has anything changed since then to render that tactic ineffective?

Well, he does like to throw charms at you. It could be worse though... What if he summoned Guenhwyvar in BG1?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2015
    Tresset said:

Jarrakul said:

Well, he does like to throw charms at you. It could be worse though... What if he summoned Guenhwyvar in BG1?
    If he had Wulfgar at his side that would be more interesting (just because Guenhwyvar can't attack by range). What with him being level 9 and Aegis Fang doing 2d4+5 missile damage (+7 from his strength) when thrown. With him having 3/2 attacks per round that would mean an average of around 25.5 damage a round I believe. Definitely enough to put a low level group out of business. :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @elminster yeah, but he doesn't constantly carry a Wulfgar figurine in his pocket... He is traveling alone when you meet him in BG1 but I would assume he still has Guenhwyvar with him and just decides you are to weak to use her on.
    elminster
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2015
    I imagine one reason they didn't include Guenhwyvar is because she would be overpowered as far as a figurine goes. I mean he drops both his scimitars and his armor if you kill him, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume you could have also gotten the figurine.

Here are Guenhwyvar's stats (according to the heroes lorebook)

Guenhwyvar:
    AC 4;
    MV 15;
    HD 6+6;
    hp 45;
    THAC0 13;
    #AT 3;
    Dmg 1d4(x2)/1d12, plus rear claws rake for 2d4(x2) if
    both front paws score hits; SD never surprised; SZ M (6’ long);
    ML fanatic (18); AL N; XP 1,400.

Her BG2 stats are a bit different but either way she would be a pretty powerful summon for that early on.
    BlackravenJuliusBorisov