Skip to content

Thalantyr The Macabre

toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
It just came down to me. Thalantyr has 2 Flesh golems as guardians and outside his fortress there are dozens of undead skeletons. He never says anything about this even though he lives close to a populated town. From the Forgotten Realms wiki:
"Flesh golem: These golems are created from human remains. If control over the Flesh Golem is lost, it goes berserk, attacking allies and enemies both."

So, do you think Thalantyr fashioned his guardian golems from the flesh of bands of adventurers that displeased him or thieves that tried to break into his fortress? in that case Permidion Stark is very lucky to have run into CHARNAME.
Post edited by toolarg on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Perhaps the skeletons came from Bassilus.
  • Fiendish_WarriorFiendish_Warrior Member Posts: 309
    It is weird that you don't take a reputation hit for slaying him. I've actually always wondered about him. He could stand to get a little more fleshed out, either directly or indirectly. I've always been suspicious of him and would love to know the back story he refuses to share. It almost makes me wonder whether he is living out this life of solitude as a kind of penance for something, but then there's the out-of-place Melicamp side story (Thalantyr doesn't seem like the type to tolerate much company after whatever happened).
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    You know, I never thought about this. But man, that is a good point. The wandering skeletons, the flesh golems...he is likely a pretty powerful necromancer. And he's got powerful artifacts in his possession.

I second Fiendish_Warrior. I'd like to see him get more fleshed out.
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Edited the original post to make it more clear. I do believe that its no accident, I mean, Thalantyr tells you to go to a dungeon to get the skull even though he knows he has hordes of undead just outside his fortress, trying to act like an innocent mage much?. Whats more, Volo's Guide says he usually walks alone trough his fields, I take it he has no fear of the skeletons because hes their master. Hes a necromancer, I know it!
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    Thalantyr is NG, so I doubt he'd animate skeletons and let them wander about.

About the Flesh Golems, though, it's plausible they'd been created from the intruders; if I remember correctly you need 6 bodies for 1 Flesh Golem. However, he'd need to magically conserve the bodies, until he'd have enough of them, because it's a complicated process which needs some preparations(you also need "Limited Wish" spell to create a golem)

Or maybe it was a massive assault. :D
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605
    JoshBG said:

Thalantyr is NG, so I doubt he'd animate skeletons and let them wander about.

About the Flesh Golems, though, it's plausible they'd been created from the intruders; if I remember correctly you need 6 bodies for 1 Flesh Golem. However, he'd need to magically conserve the bodies, until he'd have enough of them, because it's a complicated process which needs some preparations(you also need "Limited Wish" spell to create a golem)

Or maybe it was a massive assault. :D

Thalantyr is what?!?
    I don't think he behaves like a NG....
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    He is a conjurer, not a necromancer. I believe his story is that some powerful creature or other kept him as a slave and forced him to do something at a Netherese ruin until he escaped. Not sure about much more than this really.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    I can't believe that he is NG. Not when you can run fleeing into his home as a lvl1 adventurer, being chased by skeletons, and he will watch you die.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Such a joke, @scriver ... How could you?:) exactly how @Mortianna says, there will no way to look on Flesh Golems in the same way from now...

Have a promote on your 1000th post.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    I am happy to be of service :D
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    scriver said:

Macabre? More like kinky. What else would you call a grown man living in alone in the woods with only two hunky "flesh" golems for company?

Oh god.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

It is weird that you don't take a reputation hit for slaying him. I've actually always wondered about him. He could stand to get a little more fleshed out, either directly or indirectly. I've always been suspicious of him and would love to know the back story he refuses to share. It almost makes me wonder whether he is living out this life of solitude as a kind of penance for something, but then there's the out-of-place Melicamp side story (Thalantyr doesn't seem like the type to tolerate much company after whatever happened).

Yes. I've always wanted more Thanlatyr. I've always thought his name was cool to.
  • Daralon87Daralon87 Member Posts: 236
    *whisper to his teams* Thalantyr is sometimes to be gay with Melicamp... *Blizzards incoming, all Members screams*, *Minsc a bit confused* RUN for the Eyes Boo, RUN!